Reload this Page >

Hi 'Johnny English' in CA

Hi 'Johnny English' in CA

Old Oct 21st 2011, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

chucks4tmr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi 'Johnny English' in CA

Hi All,

Joined the site recently. I'm 27, from the UK and I am in the fotunate position that I get to travel alot with work.

I'm currently working in CA (Burbank) and have been offered a full time position out here. I don't really have any plans to leave England and am pretty settled there; but thought I would join this site, poke around, and at least consider the offer

Cheers
Charlie
Old Oct 21st 2011, 9:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi 'Johnny English' in CA

Originally Posted by chucks4tmr
Hi All,

Joined the site recently. I'm 27, from the UK and I am in the fotunate position that I get to travel alot with work.

I'm currently working in CA (Burbank) and have been offered a full time position out here. I don't really have any plans to leave England and am pretty settled there; but thought I would join this site, poke around, and at least consider the offer

Cheers
Charlie
Hey Charlie...welcome aboard.

Why don't you join us over in the US Forums? We have quite a few members who are expats living in California. Not only are BE's forums informative but we have a lot of laughs too...I'm sure you'll enjoy being part of our community.

Please take time to take a look in the BE Wiki...it's a great source for information. Also please read through any stickied threads that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

Any problems or concerns should be addressed to a mod or admin. The mods for the US Immigration forums are Bob, MsElui and penguinsix.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 2:43 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Cheers
Charlie
Hi Charlie,

My family is originally from the area you're working in - how do you like it so far? Whether you decide to accept the offer or not, I'm impressed that you have your choice between staying or going home, particularly in this economy! That tells me you're one smart cookie. (no sarcasm)

Enjoy your time in CA and best of luck to you whichever path you choose. Hope you stick around on BE.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

chucks4tmr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Hi Charlie,

My family is originally from the area you're working in - how do you like it so far? Whether you decide to accept the offer or not, I'm impressed that you have your choice between staying or going home, particularly in this economy! That tells me you're one smart cookie. (no sarcasm)

Enjoy your time in CA and best of luck to you whichever path you choose. Hope you stick around on BE.
Hey Kaffy,

I have to admit, from what I have seen so far I really like the place - and it's one of the few places I could imagine living.

But hey it's not all sunshine and smiles I guess so I thought I'd join BE and have a look at what others were saying
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 10:30 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Charlie

Welcome to BE from me too.
Like the others have said, get chatting to others on the forums, and apart from the information gathering, have some fun as well

Dread - x
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Kaffy,

I have to admit, from what I have seen so far I really like the place - and it's one of the few places I could imagine living.

But hey it's not all sunshine and smiles I guess so I thought I'd join BE and have a look at what others were saying
You've got a good perspective as no place is all sunshine and smiles. It's all about what works for you, personally. Best of luck with your decision!