Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi everyone! New here and looking for advice :)

Hi everyone! New here and looking for advice :)

Old Apr 24th 2017, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Alpha_Flight is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi everyone! New here and looking for advice :)

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, nice to "meet" you all.

I am actually not a British expat, however my wife is. A little history about us:

My wife and I have been together for 10 years, married for 7 and have two small children. We met in Canada, got married, hired an immigration consultant and acquired her permanent residency just shy of 7 years ago.

Life has been somewhat "dull" here in Canada. My family is not close, I have no siblings and our children don't have any cousins here in Canada. They don't see much of their grandparents (My parents), and we don't really have any kind of support grid. Saying all this, we have decided that we want to move to the UK as my wife has a large, close-knit family. We would have a fantastic support grid with lots of family and friends around.

This leads to my next question.... Where do we begin?

I have printed out the "Family Visa" form from the UK Immigration website, as well as the financial requirements. There is mention of having either 18,600 pounds in the bank to move, with extra amounts required for any dependant. Or, a job lined up in the UK that grants 18,600 pounds a year or more. However, does this apply to us if my wife is a UK citizen and my children hold both a Canadian and UK passport?

I have called immigration consultants here in Canada, but none of them deal with emigrating to another country. Would it be best to call a UK agency?

If any fine folks here could grant some insight, it would be so very appreciated.

Thank you all!

Last edited by Alpha_Flight; Apr 24th 2017 at 4:30 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 5:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi everyone! New here and looking for advice :)

Welcome to BE.

I recommend you post your questions about UK visas in our U.K. Immigration forum. We have many knowledgeable people who will walk you through the process. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...there is loads of valuable info in there.

Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) - British Expats

Category:Moving Back to the UK : British Expat Wiki

Please give me a shout should you have any site related problems.

Good luck.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Alpha_Flight is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much!
Old Apr 27th 2017, 10:49 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary