Reload this Page >

Hi everyone, moving to California

Hi everyone, moving to California

Old Apr 8th 2017, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Spriggsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi everyone, moving to California

Hi guys, nice to meet you all.

So as the title says, i'm moving to California.

I work as 3D digital modeller. Right now I am contracting through a limited company via a recruitment agency for an end client (currently JLR).

In the States i'll be doing the same thing but I'll be a permanent of a company working for their end client.

I was going to list everything I've got planned for the move here but I'm not sure if this is the right place?
Old Apr 8th 2017, 6:14 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi everyone, moving to California

Hi Spriggsy, welcome to BE Thanks for introducing yourself and telling us a bit about your plans.

Moving to California sounds exciting! You can chat about all things American with the good folk on our USA site, here USA - British Expats As there's so many people there who've moved from the UK to the US, you'll get heaps of information and suggestions.

A bit of BE housekeeping - please have a look at the BE site rules when you get a chance, and if you have any site related problems please contact one of our friendly moderators. Their details can be found in bold font, bottom right of each forum index page.

Best of luck with your move to sunny California!
Old Apr 8th 2017, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Spriggsy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I'll check it out
Old Apr 9th 2017, 7:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and another day and another welcome to BE

As Spouse has given you the where and whatnots of the BE welcome wagon, please let me say that your initial post does not mention what type of visa you are eligible for.

The US forum is a great place for information gathering and in particular, for the West Coast. A huge population of Brits in the State of California just as there is a huge population of Brits in the eastern State of North Carolina. Thus you will be able to pick many brains.

You are going to be asked right off about the visa you will be using to immigrate to the US so please have that information handy. In their defense, we get many people looking for information on living in a certain area who do not have any way to do so. So rather than expending so much time and energy in responding to a request that will never see fulfillment, we ask first and than advise.

Looking to seeing you in our US forum.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 6:13 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spriggsy
Hi guys, nice to meet you all.

So as the title says, i'm moving to California.

I work as 3D digital modeller. Right now I am contracting through a limited company via a recruitment agency for an end client (currently JLR).

In the States i'll be doing the same thing but I'll be a permanent of a company working for their end client.

I was going to list everything I've got planned for the move here but I'm not sure if this is the right place?
Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary