Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi Everyone, Armed Forces Redundee Going to the USA

Hi Everyone, Armed Forces Redundee Going to the USA

Old Oct 23rd 2011, 9:19 am
Just Joined

crezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nice
Default Hi Everyone, Armed Forces Redundee Going to the USA

Hi Guys

Thought I would just quickly introduce myself. I have been reading up on here for quite sometime. I am currently in the process of obtaining a CR-1 through marriage to my lovely wife.

When it was announced that the Armed forces (Navy) were making redundancies I wasn't too sure if I should take the plunge and opt for voluntary or just hold out for it. Well after some time going over things we decided that I should volunteer rather than getting a shock surprise when they were announced. So on the 30th September this year I was told I was going it was a very good day for us as we had already filled the I-130 in July. I'm lucky in that my mother-in-law in the US does a similar job to what I do in the Navy (IT) so getting my foot in the door of a job should be slightly easier than it otherwise would have been. My wife is over the moon as I will be able to spend much more time with her.

I also want to say thank you to all the people past and present who contribute to this forum it has been my first port of call when trying to find something out on the very complex US Immigration System.

Current Time line:
27/07/2011 - Fillied i-130
21/10/2011 - Recieved Approval with LND Number
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 12:47 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Everyone, Armed Forces Redundee Going to the USA

Hey ... Welcome to BE I see you've done 9 posts around the forum so I guess you're finding your way around. All the best to you in your new life
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 1:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crezzy2k1
Hi Guys

Thought I would just quickly introduce myself. I have been reading up on here for quite sometime. I am currently in the process of obtaining a CR-1 through marriage to my lovely wife.

When it was announced that the Armed forces (Navy) were making redundancies I wasn't too sure if I should take the plunge and opt for voluntary or just hold out for it. Well after some time going over things we decided that I should volunteer rather than getting a shock surprise when they were announced. So on the 30th September this year I was told I was going it was a very good day for us as we had already filled the I-130 in July. I'm lucky in that my mother-in-law in the US does a similar job to what I do in the Navy (IT) so getting my foot in the door of a job should be slightly easier than it otherwise would have been. My wife is over the moon as I will be able to spend much more time with her.

I also want to say thank you to all the people past and present who contribute to this forum it has been my first port of call when trying to find something out on the very complex US Immigration System.

Current Time line:
27/07/2011 - Fillied i-130
21/10/2011 - Recieved Approval with LND Number

Hello and welcome to BE.

Congratulations on your impending move to the US. Which state are you moving to?

I'm pleased you're finding the forums useful...I'm sure you'll enjoy being part of our cyber community of British Expats.

Good luck.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Crezzy -

Best of luck in the next chapter of your life. Welcome to the site!

Kaffy
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

crezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nicecrezzy2k1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hello and welcome to BE.

Congratulations on your impending move to the US. Which state are you moving to?

I'm pleased you're finding the forums useful...I'm sure you'll enjoy being part of our cyber community of British Expats.

Good luck.
We are going to Appleton, Wisconsin where my wife originally comes from
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

We are going to Appleton, Wisconsin where my wife originally comes from
Crezzy - I was just in Appleton Wednesday and Thursday of this past week for work. Small world!
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Crezzy - I was just in Appleton Wednesday and Thursday of this past week for work. Small world!
Sure is Kaffy.

Do you have family there?
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sure is Kaffy.

Do you have family there?
I do not. It seems like a nice town and it has a World Market (good for you to stock up on British chocs, etc). Best of luck as you settle!
Old Oct 25th 2011, 5:19 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary