Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi Everyone - Advice Appreciated!

Hi Everyone - Advice Appreciated!

Old Mar 6th 2018, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Captin_RedBeard is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Hi Everyone - Advice Appreciated!

Hello Everyone,

Excited to be joining the Expat Community!

I am a UK resident who is looking to go out to Australia around October time. A couple of friends are going ahead of me and will be looking to find work and accommodation.

I am a consultant with a UK based company being paid in Sterling by another UK based company.

I wondered if I could get some advice, or where the best place to ask would be in terms of tax, legality, visas, banking? Can I just go as a tourist and pay myself as I am currently?

I am planning on staying less than a year at this stage and all my work can be done remotely (as long as I face a few night shifts).

Thank you kindly!

Dave
Old Mar 6th 2018, 11:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Everyone - Advice Appreciated!

Welcome to BE Dave.

It’s your lucky day as we have several excellent forums covering all aspects of life in Australia.

Questions about visas should be posted in the Immigration forum. Questions about Australia should go in the Main Australian forum and The Barbie is for general chit-chat.

Click on the link below and it will take you there...

Australia - British Expats

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your time Down Under.