Hi everyone

Old May 10th 2013, 6:02 pm
Account Closed

Naddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hi everyone

Just thought I would pop by and say hello.

I'm currently living near Cambridge, England but will be moving to Illinois in the next few months once my CR1 visa's approved, have my interview in London on the 10th June

I'm hoping once I move to the U.S.A I can make some British friends to meet up with now and again.

Anyway, hi to all
Old May 10th 2013, 8:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi everyone

Welcome to BE and good luck with the move!

Where abouts in the state will you be heading to? Quite a few folks on BE out that way in various locations
Old May 10th 2013, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

Thank you for the welcome Bob...

I am moving to an area that I gather not many british expats live, let alone go to...lol Anyway it's a place called South Beloit, near the Wisconsin border. Although I am hoping that at least one british person lives there......
Old May 10th 2013, 9:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds familiar....

Anyway, there's a BE map, think it's pinned in the main US forum area, so might have luck finding some neighbours who have pinned themselves
Old May 10th 2013, 10:35 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!

I'm just across the border in WI. I'm a Brit, my husband's American, and my kids are both. Nice place to bring them up.
Old May 10th 2013, 10:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Naddy
Just thought I would pop by and say hello.

I'm currently living near Cambridge, England but will be moving to Illinois in the next few months once my CR1 visa's approved, have my interview in London on the 10th June

I'm hoping once I move to the U.S.A I can make some British friends to meet up with now and again.

Anyway, hi to all

Welcome to BE.

Do come and join us in the US Forums...we have quite number of people living in Illinois. If you have any site related problems please give me a shout.

I look forward to seeing you in the US Forums.
Old May 10th 2013, 11:51 pm
Account Closed

Hi there....What a nice welcome I've had.....no wonder I like being british...lol

Gingerert...where exactly are you in Wisconsin? I am so scared knowing within a couple of months I'll be moving in what the American's call the boondocks...lol

So it would be fab to meet up with fellow brits......
Old May 11th 2013, 1:04 am
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Naddy
Hi there....What a nice welcome I've had.....no wonder I like being british...lol

Gingerert...where exactly are you in Wisconsin? I am so scared knowing within a couple of months I'll be moving in what the American's call the boondocks...lol

So it would be fab to meet up with fellow brits......
I'm in Racine, which is about an hour and a half east from South Beloit and right on Lake Michigan. Sometimes it can feel a bit like the middle of nowhere, but actually I love it. It is so quiet and so cheap compared to London (where I'm from originally) and I can't see us ever moving back into a major city again.

I hope you love it when you get here. Good luck!
Old May 11th 2013, 2:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
Sounds familiar....

Anyway, there's a BE map, think it's pinned in the main US forum area, so might have luck finding some neighbours who have pinned themselves
Unfortunately Bob the map wouldn't load properly so couldn't pin myself

@ Racine, I'm sure once I settle in my new environment I'll be fine. I am looking forward to living in the countryside having lived in the city of Cambridge most of my life.
Old May 12th 2013, 5:54 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary