Hi Everyone

Old Jan 2nd 2010, 12:16 am
Just Joined

speshfesh is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hi Everyone

Hi,

Just wanted to say Hi (I think that 3 'Hi's' now in all!!).

Middle aged Brit looking into moving family to the US at some point and
absolutely amazed at the information you need to consider .

The site has proved invaluable and I've enjoyed reading the posts (and laughed a lot at some).

Not much else to say, 47yrs old, wife 37, kids 7, 13, and 17.

I work for an American parent company so I'm looking into the L1 route at the moment.

Find myself looking for places to live with low crime rate (sorry, typical knee jerk Brit fear of living in the US I guess!) and
happy to work my a**e off for the 'American dream' (feel free to shoot the naive Brit down in flames).

Anyway, happy new year to you all

Last edited by speshfesh; Jan 2nd 2010 at 12:21 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 12:30 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Everyone

lol, welcome, and you'll get plenty of all you're asking!
Hopefully in good fun though.

Since you've ID'd the visa route that might be available, you can look in the Immigration forum for technical questions about the actual visa part, and in the USA forum for general questions about life here.
I can tell you, which part of the country you are in will make a huge difference in the quality of life issues you're concerned about.

Since you'll be coming over intra-company, you'd want to start with the places (cities) where you can be employed.
Happy New Year, see you on the forums!
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 2:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
lol, welcome, and you'll get plenty of all you're asking!
Hopefully in good fun though.

Since you've ID'd the visa route that might be available, you can look in the Immigration forum for technical questions about the actual visa part, and in the USA forum for general questions about life here.
I can tell you, which part of the country you are in will make a huge difference in the quality of life issues you're concerned about.

Since you'll be coming over intra-company, you'd want to start with the places (cities) where you can be employed.
Happy New Year, see you on the forums!
Thanks for the welcome meauxna, I'm looking forward to an 'eventful' time
on the forum .
Luckily my company has offices all over the US so hopefully I will have more than a few locations to consider.

Thanks again for the welcome .
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 2:07 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome and HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by speshfesh
Hi,

Just wanted to say Hi (I think that 3 'Hi's' now in all!!).

Middle aged Brit looking into moving family to the US at some point and
absolutely amazed at the information you need to consider .

The site has proved invaluable and I've enjoyed reading the posts (and laughed a lot at some).

Not much else to say, 47yrs old, wife 37, kids 7, 13, and 17.

I work for an American parent company so I'm looking into the L1 route at the moment.

Find myself looking for places to live with low crime rate (sorry, typical knee jerk Brit fear of living in the US I guess!) and
happy to work my a**e off for the 'American dream' (feel free to shoot the naive Brit down in flames).

Anyway, happy new year to you all
You seem like most Brits are .... thinking that the USA is a dangerous place to live, in truth it's safer than most of the UK, I would rather be shot to death than stabbed to death, I feel it would be less painfull and lingering.
I travel all the time in my work and admit that I did hear a gunshot in the bronx once and some druggie got killed or so I was told. Only guns I saw here apart from in a holster on a cops belt were in lacked display cases. Never seen any signs of violent threats towards anyone, but seen hundreds in the UK. You just dont move to some really bad town like Camden NJ. My town has a crime rate of virtually zero. but no emplotment either

Happy New Year.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 2:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Welcome and HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Thank you PG, Happy new Year to you too.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 2:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
You seem like most Brits are .... thinking that the USA is a dangerous place to live, in truth it's safer than most of the UK, I would rather be shot to death than stabbed to death, I feel it would be less painfull and lingering.
I travel all the time in my work and admit that I did hear a gunshot in the bronx once and some druggie got killed or so I was told. Only guns I saw here apart from in a holster on a cops belt were in lacked display cases. Never seen any signs of violent threats towards anyone, but seen hundreds in the UK. You just dont move to some really bad town like Camden NJ. My town has a crime rate of virtually zero. but no emplotment either

Happy New Year.
Thanks Patrick, don't worry I'm not really that scared. It's the old protective father 'thing' coming out that's all .

Happy New Year to you too.