Hi Everyone

Old Oct 17th 2009, 2:43 am
Just Joined

britmomma is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Hi Everyone

I'm a newbie to this site. Looking forward to hearing all about others who have jumped the pond. We are former Londoners now Miami Beachers. I am the American portion of the family, and the one who is dying to go back to what I consider home.........good old blighty!!! Oh for a decent pint of ale and cold grey waters of the channel.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 2:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Everyone

Originally Posted by britmomma
I'm a newbie to this site. Looking forward to hearing all about others who have jumped the pond. We are former Londoners now Miami Beachers. I am the American portion of the family, and the one who is dying to go back to what I consider home.........good old blighty!!! Oh for a decent pint of ale and cold grey waters of the channel.
Hello and welcome.

I don't miss the ale or the English Channel but there are plenty of other things I miss. How long did you live in the UK for vs the US?
Old Oct 17th 2009, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Alright then ?
Old Oct 17th 2009, 5:55 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

OOOO. You're getting me going now.
Pastie or Ploughmans up the Square and Compass, Dorset and a pint of ale of a late Sunday afternoon, looking out over the sea to France.

Welcome to BE and very Happy Postings to the site.

BEVS
New Zealand
The Shakey Island and the Land of the Long White Cloud these days.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE, not sure how the channel water compares to Miami Beach, I'm with JG, lots of things I miss, that isn't one of them
Old Oct 17th 2009, 10:09 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Hi Everyone

Hi welcome to BE!
Old Oct 17th 2009, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

britmomma is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hello and welcome.

I don't miss the ale or the English Channel but there are plenty of other things I miss. How long did you live in the UK for vs the US?
I was in London for 7 years and loved it! Big life lesson #1 NEVER make a life changing decision while pregnant. LOL hormones and reason do not mix.

OK I agree the English Channel is not the worlds best snorkeling hole, but the mackeral sure are tasty. Can't get those here. The sound of the waves on the shale is pretty nice to fall asleep to as well.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 12:36 am
Just Joined

takenotice is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey - I am new here but certainly not new to Australia. How exciting to find the forum!

I live in Melbourne but have also lived in Sydney and Brisbane.

It is a great place but like everything takes time to get used to things. As a newbie it is always nice to hear familiar accents and there is always a 'bond' with ex pats.

Last edited by Dorothy; Oct 18th 2009 at 12:53 am. Reason: Link removed
Old Oct 18th 2009, 12:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by takenotice
Hey - I am new here but certainly not new to Australia. How exciting to find the forum!

I live in Melbourne but have also lived in Sydney and Brisbane.

It is a great place but like everything takes time to get used to things. As a newbie it is always nice to hear familiar accents and there is always a 'bond' with ex pats.
Welcome to BE.

We have several Australia forums...take a look around and if you have any questions or problems navigating the site please don't hesitate to ask for help.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 3:49 am
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

I'm new to the site too so hello to all. I'm on Vancouver Island...very gorgeous but pregnant and homesick......We're making hte move home in the next year or so and YIKES I am making a huge decision while pregnant. Oh dear!!!!
Old Oct 18th 2009, 4:17 am
Just Joined

geenadeena is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to see you around guys.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 18th 2009 at 12:18 pm. Reason: plse do not post email addresses
Old Oct 26th 2009, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

lucyloo1358 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I just joined yesterday and I noticed your post about being in Deal. That is where I want to go back to. My family (cousins) live there and have done so for about 29 years. If you want to know more about me, I have posted almost my life story on 'moving back to the UK' section 50's and 60's relocating or something close to that. Would love to hear from you.

I was in your Tesco's just last week!!! and took a walk on the beach and we all had hot chocolate in the Royal Hotel on the beach. I miss it soooooo much!

Welcome to the sight!!