Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi everyone @ britishexpats.com - Moving to Gibraltar

Hi everyone @ britishexpats.com - Moving to Gibraltar

Old Oct 14th 2010, 9:05 am
Just Joined

m150 is just really nicem150 is just really nicem150 is just really nicem150 is just really nicem150 is just really nicem150 is just really nicem150 is just really nicem150 is just really nice
Default Hi everyone @ britishexpats.com - Moving to Gibraltar

Hi I am new to the forum. Currently living in the UK with my Girlfriend. We have no ties & thought about setting of for pastures new

This forum seemed to be the most informative on the subject.

I am a SQL DB Administrator/systems administrator (MS Certified) & my girlfriend works in accountancy. We've been to Gibraltar many times and have spent a week living there and still love it. Reading the posts I can see that its a bit of a "marmite" place (you love or hate it) but we love it.

The plan is find a job & take as much cash as we can afford with us. If it goes belly up, then at least we've had a nice holiday.

Cheers
Old Oct 14th 2010, 1:05 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi everyone @ britishexpats.com !!

Hi there and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including Europe can be found here.

Looks like you've found your way around already, but if you get lost, give any of us in the contacts above a quick hoy.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

Alistair.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 1:30 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi everyone @ britishexpats.com !!

Originally Posted by m150
Hi I am new to the forum. Currently living in the UK with my Girlfriend. We have no ties & thought about setting of for pastures new

I am a SQL DB Administrator/systems administrator (MS Certified) & my girlfriend works in accountancy. We've been to Gibraltar many times and have spent a week living there and still love it. Reading the posts I can see that its a bit of a "marmite" place (you love or hate it) but we love it.

The plan is find a job & take as much cash as we can afford with us. If it goes belly up, then at least we've had a nice holiday.

Cheers
Hi and welcome to BE. We've got a few members who work or live in Gibraltar, and they usually hang out in our Spain forum. So dig in and pop over the Spain forum and say hi.

And as Alistair has posted please let us know if you have any site questions, we will be happy to help.

Sue
Old Oct 14th 2010, 1:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi everyone @ britishexpats.com - Moving to Gibraltar

Cheers

Hi there and welcome to BE.

The people who post in our Spain forums are a great bunch of folks...why don't you pop over there and introduce yourself?

Good luck with the move to The Rock.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

m150 is just really nicem150 is just really nicem150 is just really nicem150 is just really nicem150 is just really nicem150 is just really nicem150 is just really nicem150 is just really nice

Thanks guys and girls for the great welcome & your help so far. I'm certain this forum is going to help me&the missus out so much in our move to Gib.

Cheers
Old Oct 14th 2010, 3:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys and girls for the great welcome & your help so far. I'm certain this forum is going to help me&the missus out so much in our move to Gib.

Cheers
If you want to live on Gib then you're probably going to need all the help you can get from what Ive read
Old Oct 14th 2010, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

that bad eh?
Old Oct 14th 2010, 4:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

that bad eh?
No, you'll get the gist on the Spanish forum .... I think most people live off the rock and travel in .. La Linea & places like that
Old Oct 18th 2010, 12:00 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi M150

Just to say welcome to BE from me too and good luck with your move.
I like your first post, you're right at least whatever happens you gave it a try.

Dread - x
Old Oct 18th 2010, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Thanks everyone,

Got a thread going & already getting some good info.

Working in gibraltar
Old Oct 18th 2010, 12:10 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone,

Working in gibraltar
Old Oct 18th 2010, 2:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone,

Working in gibraltar
Glad to see you've jumped straight in.