Reload this Page >

Hi from the East Midlands

Hi from the East Midlands

Old Jun 14th 2015, 11:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat062 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi from the East Midlands

Hi everyone

We've been living in the East Midlands for many years. We became grandparents for the first time last September. Now that our three children are all grown up and the youngest two have (almost) flown the nest, we're beginning to think about about downsizing to something much smaller.

Ideally, we'd like to buy and keep a small apartment in the UK, and also we want to buy a property in Spain, ideally in Murcia where we'd like to live for most of the time. We'd also like to consider other areas in Spain as well - our only requirement is warm weather, and to be somewhere reasonably close to the coast and an airport, as my business will need me to travel back to the UK.

We're still a good few years away from the "official" UK retirement age, but it's never too early to start planning, is it? So this is something we're just starting to look at, and we probably plan to make a definite commitment over the next two years or so, after doing some careful research into property prices, locations etc. Are there any companies which are particularly recommended to help with this?

Fortunately, my brother-in-law bought a house in Murcia many years ago, so I'm sure that he'll be able to give us some good advice. However, as we have so many questions, I'm really looking forward to reading the advice posted by all your experienced forum members and also to learning from everyone who has done this sort of thing before.

Anyway, that's me done for now!
Old Jun 14th 2015, 12:35 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from the East Midlands

Welcome to the forum Think,you have found the Spain section already so shall leave you to it.