Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi from Australia

Hi from Australia

Old Nov 6th 2010, 12:07 am
Just Joined

gilesyard is just really nicegilesyard is just really nicegilesyard is just really nicegilesyard is just really nicegilesyard is just really nicegilesyard is just really nicegilesyard is just really nicegilesyard is just really nice
Default Hi from Australia

Hello all. Just checking into this great forum that I've been lurking around for a while. I feel I know some of you already by your posts, so looking forward to chatting in the future

Cheers GY
Old Nov 6th 2010, 12:10 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from Australia

Hi GY and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including Australia can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

Alistair.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 12:19 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi GY,

Welcome to BE. Have you been in Australia long? Are you enjoying it? Anything you miss about the UK?
Old Nov 6th 2010, 12:53 am
Just Joined

NovaScot is just really niceNovaScot is just really niceNovaScot is just really niceNovaScot is just really niceNovaScot is just really niceNovaScot is just really niceNovaScot is just really niceNovaScot is just really nice

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Hi GY and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including Australia can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

Alistair.
Hi Alistair

I was reading up on the Welcome Inn about concierges and it made reference to a list of concierges being noted at the bottom of the page but all I could see listed were moderators.

I was looking for concierges to help with the Canada forums?

Any pointers as to where I can locate my information?

Thanks in anticipation
Old Nov 6th 2010, 12:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Hi GY, and welcome to BE! I look forward to getting to know you. Please don't hesitate to ask if we can help you around the site in any way.

Kaffy
Old Nov 6th 2010, 1:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NovaScot
Hi Alistair

I was reading up on the Welcome Inn about concierges and it made reference to a list of concierges being noted at the bottom of the page but all I could see listed were moderators.

I was looking for concierges to help with the Canada forums?

Any pointers as to where I can locate my information?

Thanks in anticipation
Hi there and welcome to the site.

The concierges for the Canada forums are AmyDavid and The Aviator are concierges for the Canada forums...they will be pleased to help you find your way around.

The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa please contact either if you have any problems or complaints.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 1:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gilesyard
Hello all. Just checking into this great forum that I've been lurking around for a while. I feel I know some of you already by your posts, so looking forward to chatting in the future

Cheers GY
Hi there GY...welcome aboard.

Where in Australia are you? We have a large membership in our Australia Forums...maybe we have some members living in your area.

Alistairboyle has already introduced himself to you....he is the concierge for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact Alistair.

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. The mods for the Australia forums are Cresta57, Monneypenny20, Sonlymewalter and Centurion.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require any help.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 6:21 am
Just Joined

gilesyard is just really nicegilesyard is just really nicegilesyard is just really nicegilesyard is just really nicegilesyard is just really nicegilesyard is just really nicegilesyard is just really nicegilesyard is just really nice

Thank you all so much for your warm welcome and contacts if (or when heheh) I need some help. I'm in Melbourne, only a few k's from the city. Do I miss anything about the UK? Yes. Oh, where to begin? (sigh).
Have I been here long? Um, 46years! Yeah, I know, sounds completely nuts, but its a looong boring tale of woe, mayhem, lies and deception......well, okay, not really woe, or lies and deception, not really mayhem either, but it is a long boring story! Aside from that though, as much as all you kind folks here may be able to help me out with things I am more than glad to give honest and unbiased advice to anyone planning or wanting to come to OZ, or anyone needing advice when they get here. I've lived in Perth and Melbourne and divide my time still between both, so anything I can help with I'd be happy to. If I don't know I can try to find out for you.
Cheers all
GY
Old Nov 6th 2010, 10:05 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Giles

Just to say welcome to BE from me too.

Well after 46 years I reckon you will be a great source of knowledge to pass on to any folks planning to move there - and an unbiased opinion is always great to have.

Of course we want to see you have some fun by joining in some of the discussions and banter too.

Have fun

Dread - x
Old Nov 6th 2010, 11:29 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all so much for your warm welcome and contacts if (or when heheh) I need some help. I'm in Melbourne, only a few k's from the city. Do I miss anything about the UK? Yes. Oh, where to begin? (sigh).
Have I been here long? Um, 46years! Yeah, I know, sounds completely nuts, but its a looong boring tale of woe, mayhem, lies and deception......well, okay, not really woe, or lies and deception, not really mayhem either, but it is a long boring story! Aside from that though, as much as all you kind folks here may be able to help me out with things I am more than glad to give honest and unbiased advice to anyone planning or wanting to come to OZ, or anyone needing advice when they get here. I've lived in Perth and Melbourne and divide my time still between both, so anything I can help with I'd be happy to. If I don't know I can try to find out for you.
Cheers all
GY
Wow 46 years ... that's a long time. I bet you've seen some changes during that time. Well a big welcome to BE. I hope you enjoy being part of our community.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 2:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Cheers all
GY
Were you a £10 Pom? I remember a young boy who lived near us moving to Australia with his family on the £10 tickets.

If you have a story to tell the people in our Australia forums (and me) would love to read about it...warts and all. I remember a few years ago a lady kept us enthralled for weeks with her life story. She went to Australia many, many years ago....I believe it was even before you!
Old Nov 7th 2010, 4:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Were you a £10 Pom? I remember a young boy who lived near us moving to Australia with his family on the £10 tickets.

If you have a story to tell the people in our Australia forums (and me) would love to read about it...warts and all. I remember a few years ago a lady kept us enthralled for weeks with her life story. She went to Australia many, many years ago....I believe it was even before you!
Thank you all! I'm sure I will have fun here, and of course, there's always another adventure on the way, thinking of going to France now but we'll see

jerseygirl, what great fun it would be to write about the journey. Yep, I was a veeerrry reluctant ten pound pom, and never forgave them for it . Always said I was sent to the penal colonies and I didn't even do anything to deserve it!
Perhaps I'll get a bit daring and head on over to the Australia forum and see if my story interests anyone.
Thanks again all, for your great welcome!
Old Nov 7th 2010, 6:31 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all! I'm sure I will have fun here, and of course, there's always another adventure on the way, thinking of going to France now but we'll see

jerseygirl, what great fun it would be to write about the journey. Yep, I was a veeerrry reluctant ten pound pom, and never forgave them for it . Always said I was sent to the penal colonies and I didn't even do anything to deserve it!
Perhaps I'll get a bit daring and head on over to the Australia forum and see if my story interests anyone.
Helloooo, not sure of your age, I see you have been here for 40 years so I suppose it depends on how old you were when you emigrated? A child with your mum and dad? Or a young adult?

Anyway you can come to no harm popping into the thread "Over 50's and 60's moving back to the UK" it is a MASSIVE thread, but do pop in and say hello!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...29454&page=485

I have given the link for the last page, as it would take you WEEKS to read from the beginning. We are a very friendly supportive bunch, so don't be shy, come in sit down and we'll make you a cuppa!!

I found this group quite by accident earlier this year I think it was, anyway until then I had no idea that soooo many people felt like square pegs living in round holes, ie. the "wrong" country for us, it has been like a lifeline at times.

Last edited by Beedubya; Nov 7th 2010 at 6:33 am.
Old Nov 7th 2010, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to the site.

I'd love to hear your story
Old Nov 7th 2010, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Helloooo, not sure of your age, I see you have been here for 40 years so I suppose it depends on how old you were when you emigrated? A child with your mum and dad? Or a young adult?

Anyway you can come to no harm popping into the thread "Over 50's and 60's moving back to the UK" it is a MASSIVE thread, but do pop in and say hello!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...29454&page=485

I have given the link for the last page, as it would take you WEEKS to read from the beginning. We are a very friendly supportive bunch, so don't be shy, come in sit down and we'll make you a cuppa!!

I found this group quite by accident earlier this year I think it was, anyway until then I had no idea that soooo many people felt like square pegs living in round holes, ie. the "wrong" country for us, it has been like a lifeline at times.
Thank you for that. Sounds like just the place for me Will pop over and introduce myself, and share that cuppa!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.