Hi all

Old Mar 24th 2012, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hi all

Hello there. I am new here and, while not technically an ex-pat yet, I am hoping to be in a couple of years time. I was lucky enough to work on a Global project in 2005 (Europe) and 2006 (rest of World). I joined the Asia-Pacific team in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia) in the February and was there pretty much throughout 2006 (roughly 5 weeks out, and 1 week back) with a spell of about 6 weeks in Bangkok between November and December.
I met my (now) wife there and we married in Melaka in 2009 after which she successfully applied for a Spouse visa and moved to the UK to live with me in August 2009. She has been back every year since, for at least a month each time and I have also been back every year, with the exception of last year, usually for a couple of weeks. We are going back again in August this year - again my wife will probably go for a month, and I'll be able to fit in a couple of weeks. I must say, I do still struggle with the heat and humidity and so I always search out the places with aircon!

Hope to hear from others that either have, or are considering moving there!
Roy.
Old Mar 24th 2012, 4:54 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi all

Hi Roy

Welcome to BE.
I see you have already found our Malaysia forum and made a post - Baked Bean is your concierge on there - she is lovely and full of knowledge about Malaysia so I reckon she will be along to answer what she can for you, along with some of the other Malaysia expats on there. They are a friendly bunch on that forum so you should enjoy chatting with them all - you never know you may even make some new friends for when you get there.
That just leaves me to wish you all the best with your plans to retire and head for Malaysia

Dread - x
Old Mar 25th 2012, 8:08 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Roy, I read your other thread first in the Malaysian section and just given you a rather looooooong reply

I think you do gradually get used to the heat and humidity though, after some 7 years in south-east Asia, I still use a little bit of aircon and various old-timers on the Malaysia forum give me a bit of stick for that, but I don't care.

All the best with your planning. Malaysia is a great place - well, I think so anyway.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 6:24 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Roy,

Welcome to BE. It looks like you are finding your way around ok, and I hope you will enjoy being part of our community.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for your welcome. It certainly does seem to be a friendly and informative site. Thank you also for setting it up. Websites like this are worth their weight in gold!
Old Mar 29th 2012, 3:34 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary