Hi all!

Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Maggie43 will become famous soon enoughMaggie43 will become famous soon enough
Smile Hi all!

I was browsing the internet and came across this site looks really interesting. Hubby and I are planning to move to Europe - either Italy or Spain in the next few years. To find our feet we intend to rent out our house in Blighty and rent a property over there before deciding to buy or not so any info on renting - long term would be gratefully received thanks.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 10:03 am

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Hi all!

Originally Posted by Maggie43
I was browsing the internet and came across this site looks really interesting. Hubby and I are planning to move to Europe - either Italy or Spain in the next few years. To find our feet we intend to rent out our house in Blighty and rent a property over there before deciding to buy or not so any info on renting - long term would be gratefully received thanks.
Hello Maggie,

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the Continent. (After 40 years in Canada, I can barely remember dear old Blighty! ). However, Jerseygirl and Sue will be along in no time to give you some helpful links and contacts, and useful information to go from there. Sounds as if you're already doing this in a well thought out logical way ... every reason to believe you'll do just fine ...

So until your properly welcomed, greetings from Ontario, Canada!

With every good wish,
Christian
Old Jun 28th 2011, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Hi all!

Thanks Christian! lovely sunny day in Blighty for once making the most of it.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 12:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi all!

Hi Maggie...welcome aboard.

We have lot of helpful members

You've come to the right place for helpful information and tips because we have excellent Italy Forums and Spain Forums. The people who post in the those forums are a friendly bunch of folk...why don't you pop over there, take a look around and join in?

I recommend that you also take a look in the BE Wiki. Please also take a little time to read any stickied threads and announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

If you have problems finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges to guide you. The the concierge for the Italy forum is TestaRossa. The concierges for the Spain forum is The Oddities.

Problems and complaints should be addressed to a moderator. The moderator for the Italy forum is Lorna and the mods for the Spain forums are Fred James and Mitzyboy.

Please shout out if you need further help. Good luck with your retirement plans.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 28th 2011 at 2:31 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Great will take a look thanks Jerseygirl
Old Jun 29th 2011, 2:08 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

All the best with your planning. I imagine there could be a few bargain properties going in either country if the Euro keeps going down the tube.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 8:16 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old Jun 29th 2011, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Hi Baked bean yes exactly what we though prices will soon be dropping and plenty of bargains to be had might end up buying straight off instead of renting first not sure.

Hi Rosemary and Graham yes I will take a look at the Spain forum hubby and I will be renting at first we are a bit unsure about buying in Spain heard a few horror stories of Brits who've bought properties and then had them taken off them because long lost relatives etc have returned to claim the land they are on? I would be grateful for a bit of advice about that and how safe it is to buy in Spain - we were thinking either Italy or Spain. Since I've joined the site I've already found out a lot of interesting things I didn't know such as utilities in Italy being very expensive and rental properties varying a lot as well as plenty of plus points - plenty of homework to do yet! hubby and I want to know exactly what's what before we make the move.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 3:00 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Baked bean yes exactly what we though prices will soon be dropping and plenty of bargains to be had might end up buying straight off instead of renting first not sure.

Hi Rosemary and Graham yes I will take a look at the Spain forum hubby and I will be renting at first we are a bit unsure about buying in Spain heard a few horror stories of Brits who've bought properties and then had them taken off them because long lost relatives etc have returned to claim the land they are on? I would be grateful for a bit of advice about that and how safe it is to buy in Spain - we were thinking either Italy or Spain. Since I've joined the site I've already found out a lot of interesting things I didn't know such as utilities in Italy being very expensive and rental properties varying a lot as well as plenty of plus points - plenty of homework to do yet! hubby and I want to know exactly what's what before we make the move.
Come on over to the Spain forum and browse for loads of information. Ask your questions and you will get loads of answers from people who have had a variety of experiences.

I am sorry to admit that when I sent you the welcome post I did not look at where you live at present and have only just seen that you live in my home county of Devon. Where in Devon do you live? Are you Devonshire Dumplings or did you move there from somewhere else?

Rosemary
Old Jun 29th 2011, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

Hi Rosemary no I'm not a true Devonshire dumpling real Devonians seem rare on the ground we're a real cosmopolitan mix round here are you a DD? I live in Torquay and originally from a small village in the Midlands, we've lived in Torquay for almost twenty years now it's a great town - not as warm as Europe though now we're creeping on a bit and heading for retirement in a few years which is why I've found B.E. really useful to look round.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 3:57 pm

Yes I am a DD from Plymouth. Love Torquay, well the whole of Torbay really, no the whole of Devon. OH´s work took me away so not lived there for about 40 years.

Rosemary