Hi

Old Mar 28th 2017, 7:10 am
Just Joined

lhubbard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi

Joining a blog site is all new to me but here we go. I am currently living in New Zealand and have been here for over 20 years. I have a wonderful son who is now at university and making his own way in life. His mother and i are now separated but remain friends. I am planning to return to England later in the year as i want to reconnect with my family and good friends who i miss terribly. I am anxious about this move as settled in NZ but it just feels the right thing to do at this stage in my life. I am looking to get some advice though understand that this is just a general introduction and will need to work my way around this site so i can get some answers to the many questions i have
Cheers Liam
Old Mar 28th 2017, 7:32 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi

Originally Posted by lhubbard
Joining a blog site is all new to me but here we go. I am currently living in New Zealand and have been here for over 20 years. I have a wonderful son who is now at university and making his own way in life. His mother and i are now separated but remain friends. I am planning to return to England later in the year as i want to reconnect with my family and good friends who i miss terribly. I am anxious about this move as settled in NZ but it just feels the right thing to do at this stage in my life. I am looking to get some advice though understand that this is just a general introduction and will need to work my way around this site so i can get some answers to the many questions i have
Cheers Liam
Welcome to BE Liam.

Best place for any questions is the moving back to the UK forumwhereyou will get good advice on any questions.

Please take a few minutes to have a quick read of the forum rules, beige bar at the top, and should you have any site related issues please feel free to contact any of the moderators, their names are in bold at the bottom right of any forum page.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 7:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Liam and as Mike say, warm welcome to BE

So many expats have and are returning home that there is a forum just for those moving back to the UK. It deals with all the things that are making your apprehensive. You are far from alone.

Have a go at Moving back to the UK - British Expats and you will that all of your questions have answers and that there are questions you haven't even thought of yet.

I know it is a big step. Almost into the unknown since you have been away a while. It is where your heart wants to be and I know you will be fine once you get your feet under you.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

lhubbard is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey thanks for that - yes feeling apprehensive as it is a big step outside of the comfort zone but so pleased i have found this site. Looking forward to returning to England and connecting with family and friends - definitely where my heart is
Thanks again