Hi

Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Martjenjoechris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi

We have just made the decision to emigrate to Canada, we had put it on hold for a couple of years, but now it's all under way!!

Our eldest child has just turned four so has jut started school-does anyone know the 'comparisons' for school starting age etc compared to here in the

Jen
Old Aug 28th 2012, 5:14 pm
Yes a friend to all BEs

IndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi

Hello Jen and a warm to BE, hope you enjoy your stay here.

You can post your queries in the Canada Forum. Look up all Country/Region forums under the tab "Forum Index" on the top left corner of the screen. Members on the Canada forum will surely respond. Forum moderators' names are at bottom of each page.

Best wishes with your plans and hope you make a few new friends even before you get to Canada.

Cheers
Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:30 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Martjenjoechris
We have just made the decision to emigrate to Canada, we had put it on hold for a couple of years, but now it's all under way!!

Our eldest child has just turned four so has jut started school-does anyone know the 'comparisons' for school starting age etc compared to here in the

Jen
Hi Jen. Congratulations on being "under way"!! What part of Canada are you hoping to move to? Everything varies so much from one part to another. I've taken this from our local school's website to give you an idea:

Parents have the option of enrolling their child in Kindergarten for one year provided the child is five years of age by the last day of February or not older than 6 years of age on September 1 of the school year the child begins Kindergarten. Students who are six years of age on September 1 of the school year will be placed in Grade One.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Hi

Thanks for the replies.
We are hoping to move to Calgary, my husband found out in jan that he has a half brother there which he knew nothing about, long story short we found him and actually visited in July this we loved it and we had always wanted to move To Canada! Although we could ask them everything we want to know we don't want to bombard them with questions as we want to be able to research stuff ourselves and stand on our own two feet!!! Although having a support network out there will be great!
Thanks for the info-how did ur children settle when u
Moved out there?
Jen
Old Aug 29th 2012, 12:37 am

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

My kids settled in really easily. My eldest was 7 and my youngest 3 when we moved out and we've been here almost four years now. I don't think my youngest can even remember the UK. The first day at her new school here my daughter was very nervous about going in but came out beaming having made friends straight away. I've hardly seen my kids this summer. Days we're at home they're just out playing with all the other neighbourhood kids and just come when they're hungry! Kids usually adapt really well; its us oldies that need more time!
Old Aug 29th 2012, 4:47 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Hi

That's good to know coz my eldest is 4 and youngest is 10mths!!
Thank you
Xx
Old Aug 29th 2012, 3:45 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Dec 1st 2012, 1:14 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Martjenjoechris

Jen
Hi Jen,

How are you plans about moving to Canada going?