Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hey everyone - US citizen wanting to study at Dartington!

Hey everyone - US citizen wanting to study at Dartington!

Old Oct 21st 2009, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

OllyHymnia is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hey everyone - US citizen wanting to study at Dartington!

Hey everyone! I'm a classically trained singer seeking to further my musical studies in the UK, specifically at Dartington at Falmouth. I'm originally from Providence, RI, US, but currently live in Northampton, MA, US.

I run a darkwave and electronica music project called Ocean Born Muse, and apart from mixing, I do all the vocals for the project as well. I'm an aspiring novelist, and right now I'm writing a trilogy of fantasy novels (NaNoWriMo got me started there). I run a street team for goth rock band Bella Morte, and I write for a gothic culture magazine called Nocturnal, which is headquartered in London.

I hope to hear more about and from you all soon!

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 22nd 2009 at 3:32 pm. Reason: no editing done
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 1:05 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hey everyone - US citizen wanting to study at Dartington!

Originally Posted by OllyHymnia
Hey everyone! I'm a classically trained singer seeking to further my musical studies in the UK, specifically at Dartington at Falmouth. I'm originally from Providence, RI, US, but currently live in Northampton, MA, US.

I run a darkwave and electronica music project called Ocean Born Muse, and apart from mixing, I do all the vocals for the project as well. I'm an aspiring novelist, and right now I'm writing a trilogy of fantasy novels (NaNoWriMo got me started there). I run a street team for goth rock band Bella Morte, and I write for a gothic culture magazine called Nocturnal, which is headquartered in London.

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 22nd 2009 at 3:33 pm. Reason: No editing done
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 1:15 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OllyHymnia

Welcome to the site.

The majority of our members are British expats, and those in the UK getting ready to move abroad. So many are going in the opposite direction to you . The best place for you to post on BE is probably the Moving Back to the UK forum.

May I also suggest trying other sites, such as UK-Yankee, which is for Americans moving to and living in the UK. You may find it more relevant.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 3:56 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean Dartington near Torquay?
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Do you mean Dartington near Torquay?
Yes I hear the hall is worth visiting

The Dartington Hall Trust, near Totnes, Devon, United Kingdom, is a pioneering charity, nurturing ideas to address pressing problems. The charity works for the advancement of the arts, sustainabaility and social justice. Dartington has spent over 80 years inspiring, hosting and experimenting with promising ideas and initiatives and currently runs 16 charitable programmes, including The Dartington .

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Oct 22nd 2009 at 4:12 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:12 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Yes I hear the hall is worth visiting
Yeah its not far from me. One of the young lads at the hotel is studying "acting" there.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yeah its not far from me..
Near the prison, Encouraging that.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

OllyHymnia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue
Welcome to the site.

The majority of our members are British expats, and those in the UK getting ready to move abroad. So many are going in the opposite direction to you . The best place for you to post on BE is probably the Moving Back to the UK forum.

May I also suggest trying other sites, such as UK-Yankee, which is for Americans moving to and living in the UK. You may find it more relevant.
Thanks much for the tip, Sue - I will check it out post-haste.