Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

HELP ME-UK Police Clearance record?

HELP ME-UK Police Clearance record?

Old Sep 14th 2010, 12:18 am
Just Joined

RebekahPatuaka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP ME-UK Police Clearance record?

Hi,

My name is Rebekah. I'm from New Zealand and worked in the UK for 18mnths. Whilst working I had a police clearance done. I need to get ahold of confirmation from the Police Clearance done whilst working in London. Can anyone stear me in the right direction to get ahold of this.. I need it ASAP for my teachers registration.. any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thank you
Old Sep 14th 2010, 1:35 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP ME

Originally Posted by RebekahPatuaka
Hi,

My name is Rebekah. I'm from New Zealand and worked in the UK for 18mnths. Whilst working I had a police clearance done. I need to get ahold of confirmation from the Police Clearance done whilst working in London. Can anyone stear me in the right direction to get ahold of this.. I need it ASAP for my teachers registration.. any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thank you
Hi Rebekah

Welcome to BE.
This is one question that I can answer.

You need to find out which police force did the police clearance on you. If you were working in London it was probably done through the Metropolitan police as they cover most of London. You need to ring their main switchboard and ask to be put through to their police checking unit where there will be a record of your clearance. You may have to pay a small fee but you can get a copy of your police clearance certificate.
If it was not the Met who did your clearance it may be the City of London Police - again the same procedure applies for obtaining a copy.
If it was neither of those, contact your employers for whom you had the clearance done and they can tell you which police force to apply to. It is the same procedure for all forces.
If you need any main police switchboard numbers come back to me and I will find them out for you.

Hope this helps

Dread - x
Old Sep 14th 2010, 1:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RebekahPatuaka
Hi,

Thank you
Hello...I just wanted to welcome you to BE.

I see Dreadsoc has been able to answer your question. I hope you have all the information you need but it not please come back and we'll do our very best to help you.

If you want to know any information about the site please let me know.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 2:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Rebekah

Welcome to BE.
This is one question that I can answer.

You need to find out which police force did the police clearance on you. If you were working in London it was probably done through the Metropolitan police as they cover most of London. You need to ring their main switchboard and ask to be put through to their police checking unit where there will be a record of your clearance. You may have to pay a small fee but you can get a copy of your police clearance certificate.
If it was not the Met who did your clearance it may be the City of London Police - again the same procedure applies for obtaining a copy.
If it was neither of those, contact your employers for whom you had the clearance done and they can tell you which police force to apply to. It is the same procedure for all forces.
If you need any main police switchboard numbers come back to me and I will find them out for you.

Hope this helps

Dread - x
In addition - if the check was done by your employer via the CRB you may not be able to get a copy of that, but you can get your OWN police clearance. Called a Subject Access check and if you are now back in NZ you can almost certainly get it from the Met :
http://www.met.police.uk/information/

You need to ensure you say it is for personal info, NOT for employment or for migration
Old Sep 14th 2010, 8:00 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
In addition - if the check was done by your employer via the CRB you may not be able to get a copy of that, but you can get your OWN police clearance. Called a Subject Access check and if you are now back in NZ you can almost certainly get it from the Met :
http://www.met.police.uk/information/

You need to ensure you say it is for personal info, NOT for employment or for migration
You can get a copy even if it was done by your employers - you have a right to a copy of any information held on you under the Freedom of Information Act. As the clearance is about you, you are entitled to have copy of it.

Dread - x
Old Sep 14th 2010, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

RebekahPatuaka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

Just wanted to say a big thank you for all your help...and welcoming me to this site.. thank you again grealty appreciated

Rebekah
Old Sep 15th 2010, 3:47 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
You can get a copy even if it was done by your employers - you have a right to a copy of any information held on you under the Freedom of Information Act. As the clearance is about you, you are entitled to have copy of it.

Dread - x
Good luck on getting it though as it means dealing with the CRB - much much easier just to get a subject access check done.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 11:12 am
Just Joined

r1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP ME-UK Police Clearance record?

All,
I am quite new to the forum but was wanted to ask a question along the lines of this topic. Good few years (4+) back I ran into a problem with employer and police was involved. Got worried, dint go to work any more and was never arrested because I left the company I was then working for. Got on to new job and all is well since. I was wondering, eventhough I was never arrested, does it class as a criminal offence or kind of an unspent conviction?
Thanks in advance
R
Old Dec 1st 2010, 11:31 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by r1983
All,
I am quite new to the forum but was wanted to ask a question along the lines of this topic. Good few years (4+) back I ran into a problem with employer and police was involved. Got worried, dint go to work any more and was never arrested because I left the company I was then working for. Got on to new job and all is well since. I was wondering, eventhough I was never arrested, does it class as a criminal offence or kind of an unspent conviction?
Thanks in advance
R
Hi,

Welcome to BE.

I'm afraid this is the Introductions forum and really not the place for questions.

I would suggest that you try the link that Pollyana supplied in post 4.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 3:40 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by r1983
All,
Thanks in advance
R
Hi,
AS Sue says, use the link I posted above, if you are enquiring about a possible criminal record in the UK. You are entitled to a copy of anything held on police files about you.
However, if you were never arrested, charged, cautioned or convicted, then there is almost certainly nothing on file about you, and you certainly won't have any convictions listed - spent or unspent.