Reload this Page >

Hello from USA!

Hello from USA!

Old Jul 18th 2016, 1:40 am
Just Joined

mavs_girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from USA!

Hello!

We're brand new to BritishExpats membership, although we have popped in now and then over the years to look at the forums as we thought about a move. We're Brits in USA and thinking (again) about moving to Australia. The move to the States was a work one but we've been here long enough now and looking forward to a change. Australia just keeps popping up!

We are both scientists, although I'm now a stay-at-home-mum with our son. As the main visa holder, only my husband can work here anyway. We would be looking to move to Melbourne, as we have a couple of friends there from when my husband lived there for a few years as a child. We also have an older rescue dog who would be making any trip too. She's still going strong.

Having made a move across the pond once, we have an idea of what would be involved this time but I'm sure every move will be vastly different.

Looking forward to getting to meet you!

Mav's Girl.
Old Jul 18th 2016, 8:21 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from USA!

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 18th 2016, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rosemary!

Mav's Girl.
Old Jul 18th 2016, 3:15 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome and best of luck with your potential move!
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 1:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mavs_girl
Hello!

We're brand new to BritishExpats membership, although we have popped in now and then over the years to look at the forums as we thought about a move. We're Brits in USA and thinking (again) about moving to Australia. The move to the States was a work one but we've been here long enough now and looking forward to a change. Australia just keeps popping up!

We are both scientists, although I'm now a stay-at-home-mum with our son. As the main visa holder, only my husband can work here anyway. We would be looking to move to Melbourne, as we have a couple of friends there from when my husband lived there for a few years as a child. We also have an older rescue dog who would be making any trip too. She's still going strong.

Having made a move across the pond once, we have an idea of what would be involved this time but I'm sure every move will be vastly different.

Looking forward to getting to meet you!

Mav's Girl.

Welcome to BE Mav's Girl.

I'm sure you will get lots of help and advice...with a few laughs along the way...from our members.

Good luck.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Thanks everyone!