Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello from usa

Hello from usa

Old Jun 5th 2010, 12:41 am
Just Joined

a bloody yank is just really nicea bloody yank is just really nicea bloody yank is just really nicea bloody yank is just really nicea bloody yank is just really nicea bloody yank is just really nicea bloody yank is just really nicea bloody yank is just really nice
Default Hello from usa

Hello,
My name is Pat. I am american but British heritage from yorkshire. Hoping I'm welcome here. I am here b/c I have always been interested in aus and NZ. I have visited a couple times and know a bit about it. I am 44 y.o. and will probably work until I retire here in the u.s. as it would be to hard to start over. After that, perhaps we will come to aus.
I have children and my thinking is that the quality of life here in the states is going to worsen over time so I am keen on looking somewhere else.
When I visited, I liked Perth the most but, part of this was b/c at the time, they did'nt know anything about yanks and therefore they seemed to not pre-judge me as much. (we are not all right wing christians in america )I also think there are certain positive aspects to isolation.
I remember wanting to move to aus when I first came over when I was 20 y.o. But, I realized how hard it must be to leave family and friends. So I came back here. Anyway, thank you for the welcome.

Last edited by a bloody yank; Jun 5th 2010 at 1:07 am.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 3:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from usa

Welcome to BE

Plenty of Americans on this site, so don't worry about it.

Check out the Aus visa section, I think it can be pretty tough getting there once your in retirement age, so perhaps should look at it sooner.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 10:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a bloody yank
Hello,
My name is Pat. I am american but British heritage from yorkshire. Hoping I'm welcome here. I am here b/c I have always been interested in aus and NZ. I have visited a couple times and know a bit about it. I am 44 y.o. and will probably work until I retire here in the u.s. as it would be to hard to start over. After that, perhaps we will come to aus.
I have children and my thinking is that the quality of life here in the states is going to worsen over time so I am keen on looking somewhere else.
When I visited, I liked Perth the most but, part of this was b/c at the time, they did'nt know anything about yanks and therefore they seemed to not pre-judge me as much. (we are not all right wing christians in america )I also think there are certain positive aspects to isolation.
I remember wanting to move to aus when I first came over when I was 20 y.o. But, I realized how hard it must be to leave family and friends. So I came back here. Anyway, thank you for the welcome.
Well hello there fellow Yorkie...welcome.

Whereabouts in Yorkshire are you from? I'm from Sheffield but I moved to Cheshire when I was 20...for the last 14 years I have been living in New Jersey. I hope you enjoy your stay with us and thank you for stopping by to say hello.

Retirement and where to live is something that many expats struggle with. We always thought we would return to the UK...mainly because of the NHS. Now we are not so sure.

I will point you in the direction of some of the BE forums I think you may be interested in. The links will take you to the main forum of each country...that forum is for discussing topics relating to that particular country. At the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums...usually an Immigration forum and a forum for general chit chat. At the bottom right hand side of the page you will see the names of the moderators for that particular forum.

Firstly take a look at our US Forums...we have several regular members who live in the PNW. As you mentioned Australia and NZ you will probably be interested in our Australia Forums and our New Zealand Forums. Lastly you may be interested in our Moving Back To The UK Forum. The people who post in that forum are usually expats from Oz and North America who for various reasons are returning or want to return to the UK. It will give you an idea of some of the reasons why they want to leave their adopted country.

If you have any problems finding your way around BE or need help with the various site functions please contact a mod or admin...we will be pleased to help.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 5th 2010 at 10:04 am.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:47 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a bloody yank
Hello,
Welcome to the Forum, I spent a bit of time in Seattle was dating a girl from Gig Harbour But settled in France for some obscure reason