Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello from SC USA

Hello from SC USA

Old Nov 8th 2010, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

expatbritsc is just really niceexpatbritsc is just really niceexpatbritsc is just really niceexpatbritsc is just really niceexpatbritsc is just really niceexpatbritsc is just really niceexpatbritsc is just really niceexpatbritsc is just really nice
Talking Hello from SC USA

Hi All, My names Shane and I live in upstate South Carolina USA. Been here in SC for about two years having become a snow refugee from Maine. Originally from Boston/London UK.

Been in the US for over a decade now.

have a good day and look forward to hearing from y'all :-)
Old Nov 8th 2010, 11:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from SC USA

Originally Posted by expatbritsc
Hi All, My names Shane and I live in upstate South Carolina USA. Been here in SC for about two years having become a snow refugee from Maine. Originally from Boston/London UK.

Hi there and welcome to BE.

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself...I'm pleased you've found out little cyber community of British Expats. We have quite a few members living in SC so I'm sure you'll feel at home here. Why don't you pop over there to our US Forums and take a look around?

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

expatbritsc is just really niceexpatbritsc is just really niceexpatbritsc is just really niceexpatbritsc is just really niceexpatbritsc is just really niceexpatbritsc is just really niceexpatbritsc is just really niceexpatbritsc is just really nice

Thank you for the Welcome :-)
makes a nice change to be welcomed into a forum. I will be frequenting this a lot now I know there are expat brits especially in SC around.
Thank you for the welcome again.

Shane
Old Nov 8th 2010, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the Welcome :-)
makes a nice change to be welcomed into a forum. I will be frequenting this a lot now I know there are expat brits especially in SC around.
Thank you for the welcome again.

Shane
Hi Shane! I'm glad you found us and I'll be envying your warmer weather in the upcoming months. Please don't be a stranger - I look forward to getting to know you. If I can help you find your way around the forum, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!
Kaffy
Old Nov 8th 2010, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Hi Shane! I'm glad you found us and I'll be envying your warmer weather in the upcoming months. Please don't be a stranger - I look forward to getting to know you. If I can help you find your way around the forum, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!
Kaffy
Thank you Kaffy, I will be sure to have a look over on your forums of influence over the next few days.. being retired does have its privileges :-)

All the very best.

Shane
Old Nov 8th 2010, 11:39 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shane,

Welcome to BE. I hope you enjoy being part of our community, we've got wonderful members here and I'm sure you will have fun interacting with everyone.

I am just north of you, I live 2 miles from the SC border, (south of Charlotte and near Carowinds).
Old Nov 8th 2010, 11:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Kaffy, I will be sure to have a look over on your forums of influence over the next few days.. being retired does have its privileges :-)

All the very best.

Shane
I feel I should warn you that BE is very addictive.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi Shane,

Welcome to BE. I hope you enjoy being part of our community, we've got wonderful members here and I'm sure you will have fun interacting with everyone.

I am just north of you, I live 2 miles from the SC border, (south of Charlotte and near Carowinds).
Hi Sue, I know that area quite well, season holder to Carowinds here ;-) I am in Lancaster County SC which is not a million miles away.. Nice to meet you! There are not many Brits hereabouts but a fair few Auzzies and Kiwis.

All the best.

Shane
Old Nov 8th 2010, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Jerseygirl, yes, i quite believe you. I am all over it right now!

:-)

Shane
Old Nov 8th 2010, 11:59 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue, I know that area quite well, season holder to Carowinds here ;-) I am in Lancaster County SC which is not a million miles away.. Nice to meet you! There are not many Brits hereabouts but a fair few Auzzies and Kiwis.

All the best.

Shane
Yep I have a South African friend and a friend from NZ. People round these parts really love the english accent.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sue
Yep I have a South African friend and a friend from NZ. People round these parts really love the english accent.
Sue, indeed they do. I have got on quite well since I have been here in SC. had a few run ins up in Maine as they thought I was Canadian and/or Austrailian :-) Gawd knows why!

Shane
Old Nov 9th 2010, 1:14 am
Just Joined

WV6Z is just really niceWV6Z is just really niceWV6Z is just really niceWV6Z is just really niceWV6Z is just really niceWV6Z is just really niceWV6Z is just really niceWV6Z is just really nice

Hi Shane and everyone else...... I'm Tom and I live is SC too. Been internet friends with Shane for quite a while now and he told me about this site...... may God have mercy on your souls.

Oh, I'm from Slough originally. Hey, we all have to be from somewhere, right?
Old Nov 9th 2010, 1:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by WV6Z
Hi Shane and everyone else...... I'm Tom and I live is SC too. Been internet friends with Shane for quite a while now and he told me about this site...... may God have mercy on your souls.

Hi Tom and a very warm BE welcome to you. I'm pleased Shane pointed you in our direction.

If you take a look at my post #2 you'll find the relevant links to get you started. I look forward to seeing you around the US forums.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WV6Z

Hey Tommy, I had wondered where yall had gone :-) Glad your aboard matey!

Shane
Old Nov 9th 2010, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Giving up BE is easy. I do it all the time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.