Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello out there - Expat in Turkey

Hello out there - Expat in Turkey

Old Nov 2nd 2010, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Jack Scott is a jewel in the roughJack Scott is a jewel in the roughJack Scott is a jewel in the roughJack Scott is a jewel in the roughJack Scott is a jewel in the rough
Default Hello out there - Expat in Turkey

My name is Jack and I've just moved to Turkey with my partner after working for local government in London for over 30 years. I am both nervous and excited at the prospect of starting again in a new land. To help me settle into my new life, I'm writing a tongue in cheek blog here on BritishExpats chrononically our adventures. It's called 'Perking the Pansies and Surviving the Expats in Turkey'. I hope you enjoy it.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 12:15 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello out there

Hi Jack and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including Europe can be found here.

I'm sure you can find your way around B.E. but any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

Alistair.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 1:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello out there

Originally Posted by Jack Scott
My name is Jack and I've just moved to Turkey with my partner after working for local government in London for over 30 years. I am both nervous and excited at the prospect of starting again in a new land. To help me settle into my new life, I'm writing a tongue in cheek blog here on BritishExpats chrononically our adventures. It's called 'Perking the Pansies and Surviving the Expats in Turkey'. I hope you enjoy it.
Hi there and welcome to BE.

Moving from London to Turkey must be quite a culture shock.

I'm sorry we don't have a dedicated forum for Turkey but here is the link to our Europe Forums...why don't you pop over there and say hello?

We have a team of concierges who will help you find your way around the forums if you get a little lost. AlistairBoyle has kindly provided you with a list of their names...you can also find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

Complaints or problems should be addressed to a moderator...Mitzyboy is the mod for the Europe forums but if he's not around any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 1:53 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello out there - Expat in Turkey

Hi Jack

Just popped in to say welcome to BE from me too.
Good luck in Turkey - I am sure it will be a fabulous adventure for you and I look forward to reading your blog

Dread - x
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 2:04 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

I have many fond memories of Turkey as we visited lots of places and had a holiday home there for about 5 years. Love the place and the people!

Last edited by MsElui; Nov 3rd 2010 at 2:08 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 2:12 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

LOOOOOve Turkey...one of my favourite countries.

Welcome to BE, and good luck with settling in down in Bodrum
Old Nov 9th 2010, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Jack Scott is a jewel in the roughJack Scott is a jewel in the roughJack Scott is a jewel in the roughJack Scott is a jewel in the roughJack Scott is a jewel in the rough

Well thanks everyone for the warm welcome. We're loving Turkey and I have had very kind feedback about my blog, thank you. This expat experience is a new one on me; so far it has been exhilarating , sometimes frustrating and always surprising .

I look forward to swapping stories on here...

Jack
Old Nov 9th 2010, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack Scott
Well thanks everyone for the warm welcome. We're loving Turkey and I have had very kind feedback about my blog, thank you. This expat experience is a new one on me; so far it has been exhilarating , sometimes frustrating and always surprising .

I look forward to swapping stories on here...

Jack
We're looking forward to hearing about your adventures, Jack. Welcome to BE!