Reload this Page >

hello, newbe moving to Abu Dhabi from U.K

hello, newbe moving to Abu Dhabi from U.K

Old Jun 23rd 2013, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

kenp84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile hello, newbe moving to Abu Dhabi from U.K

Hello everyone,

I'm new here looking to find some information and answers to some of the questions in my head regarding Abu Dhabi in particular.
I'll be checking out some old threads first so hopefully I won't be asking the same questions and people won't be answering the same either!
It would be good to get to know a few people ( even if virtually) and join the community with other expats in the area.

As yet, I haven't been to Abu Dhabi before and it will be a new experience for me but I have spent a good amount of time previously in Kuwait so I imagine that the culture and people are alike, as well as the weather but probably a bit more relaxed and caters for westerners needs a lot more?!

See some of you around!
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 2:14 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hello, newbe moving to Abu Dhabi from U.K

Hi Ken and welcome to the forum

Do check out the Middle East section of this forum. I think we have quite a few folks based in Abu Dhabi who can help you out. I went there once but was many years ago so I'm probably hopelessly out of touch. Seemed like an interesting place though.

All the best with whatever plans you have in mind
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply and welcome!

I've had a look and am sifting through the mass of information and topics to find my answers!
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 2:27 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

OK. Don't be shy with starting some new topics of your own too. The Middle East posters will not bite ... Well only slightly maybe
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: hello, newbe moving to Abu Dhabi from U.K

Yeh I appreciate that! I know from previous forums I've been on people do get a little fed up with the same old questions being asked!
I'll defo be opening my own new threads, probable if I need something quite specific asking or to have a general chat and put my pennies worth in!

I expect 2 be bitten by a few tho! Some people are born grumpy!
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 3:07 pm

Haha yes you do get 1 or 2 who are naturally grumpy. Well observed . I think majority are helpful though so don't be daunted.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Yeh, I'm not daunted at all! I better just jump into the snake pit!
Hopefully I'll meet some like minded people who are happy to help!
Thanks again!
Old Jun 26th 2013, 3:07 am
Just Joined

Jo Trick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I'm originally from the UK (Derby) but emigrated to Canada 3 years ago......we're moving to AD too soon.
Good luck.......
Old Jun 26th 2013, 3:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jo Trick
Hi,
I'm originally from the UK (Derby) but emigrated to Canada 3 years ago......we're moving to AD too soon.
Good luck.......
Wow! One extreme to the other! Although previously on this thread we were discussing how you DO still need your jumpers and woolly hats, I think you could leave the skis at home! ( Or in canada... Derbys only 10 mins from me and I don't need them)!

Good luck to you also. It seems every one wants a piece of the pie!

Old Jun 26th 2013, 3:28 am
Just Joined

Wow.....where 10 mins for Derby!!!
Am excited but SO much to sort.
No more snow for us yeeeeehhhhaawwwww... I hate the darn cold!!!!
Old Jun 26th 2013, 4:30 am
Just Joined

I work near Stapleford and live on J26 M1.
Snow sucks! Ill be glad to see that back of it for a while!
Old Jun 30th 2013, 7:28 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 30th 2013, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rosemary!!