Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello, New to BE

Hello, New to BE

Old Apr 23rd 2011, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

zeldazebs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello, New to BE

Hello everyone, I have been reading the forum for a while now and I must say I have read alot of good points on here, so thank you.

I still live in the UK and I do love it here, but I feel like I want to live somewhere else. But as people have said living somewhere and having a holiday there are very different.

Oz has been on my mind for sometime, but I like Gibraltar as well. How do people choose where they want to live?

Anyway, I really just wanted to say Hello to you guys and hopefully will be chatting to you on here soon
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 5:47 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello, New to BE

Originally Posted by zeldazebs
Hello everyone, I have been reading the forum for a while now and I must say I have read alot of good points on here, so thank you.

I still live in the UK and I do love it here, but I feel like I want to live somewhere else. But as people have said living somewhere and having a holiday there are very different.

Oz has been on my mind for sometime, but I like Gibraltar as well. How do people choose where they want to live?

Anyway, I really just wanted to say Hello to you guys and hopefully will be chatting to you on here soon
Welcome to the Forum, Choosing where to live is a minefield really. Personally I have been on the move since I left home and it is more the adventure of a new country for me. It's got to the point where even England seems foreign to me.

I kind of like not being able understand the folk around me, It keeps me on my toes But for some folk it's a good holiday experience others it's meeting a new partner and relocating to their home nation. Any road once again welcome to the forum, Have a good look around and im sure your new host nation will reveal itself.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Welcome to the Forum, Choosing where to live is a minefield really. Personally I have been on the move since I left home and it is more the adventure of a new country for me. It's got to the point where even England seems foreign to me.

I kind of like not being able understand the folk around me, It keeps me on my toes But for some folk it's a good holiday experience others it's meeting a new partner and relocating to their home nation. Any road once again welcome to the forum, Have a good look around and im sure your new host nation will reveal itself.
Thank you Ka Ora! I do seem to fall in love with any place near the sea, as you do! I just love new places and meeting new people. Maybe I should live somewhere for a short time, see how it pans out????
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 5:59 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Ka Ora! I do seem to fall in love with any place near the sea, as you do! I just love new places and meeting new people. Maybe I should live somewhere for a short time, see how it pans out????

The Army opened the door for me, Been on the go ever since.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Apr 23rd 2011 at 6:10 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
The Army opened the door for me,een on the go ever since.
I lived in Gibraltar when I was alot younger, as my dad was in the army, recently went back and I just loved it. I think I have itchy feet to be honest. I want to see the world
Old Apr 24th 2011, 2:27 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Zeldazeb

Welcome to BE.
I would advise you to take a look around a variety of our forums to see what places appeal. You never know, reading other peoples experiences may just help you decide.
Then try spending a few months in the place you choose before you decide to move lock stock and barrel. That way you will get an indication of what it would be like to live there.

Good luck with wherever you decide to go

Dread - x
Old Apr 24th 2011, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Zeldazeb

Welcome to BE.
I would advise you to take a look around a variety of our forums to see what places appeal. You never know, reading other peoples experiences may just help you decide.
Then try spending a few months in the place you choose before you decide to move lock stock and barrel. That way you will get an indication of what it would be like to live there.

Good luck with wherever you decide to go

Dread - x
Hi Dread, thank you, very good advise. I had a good look round yesterday and still not 100% but leaning towards Oz at the min. Looking into going out there for a few mths, see how it goes.

Thanks again
Old Apr 25th 2011, 12:36 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dread, thank you, very good advise. I had a good look round yesterday and still not 100% but leaning towards Oz at the min. Looking into going out there for a few mths, see how it goes.

Thanks again
Go for it - you never know until you try for a few months. And if you decide it's not for you, there are plenty of other beautiful places in the world.

Dread - x
Old Apr 25th 2011, 7:26 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, agree with Dread, Go for It Life's too short - just do it.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Go for it - you never know until you try for a few months. And if you decide it's not for you, there are plenty of other beautiful places in the world.

Dread - x

Thats very true. I'm off to Italy soon, then need to save ready for Oz.

Thank you as well Bakedbean... very true flower, life is defo far too short