British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Hello :) moving to UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/hello-moving-uk-798060/)

Kituk May 25th 2013 12:25 pm

Hello :) moving to UK

Hi there!

I'm very happy to have found this forum and already found it useful to browse around.

My husband and I are from South Africa but have British passports (British by descent as our fathers were both born in the UK). We have three children, all born outside the UK (all aged below 6). They do not have British passports.

We are currently living abroad (in the middle east) and plan to move to the UK at the end of the year / start of 2014 to settle permanently. My husband and I lived in London for 2 and a half years before we had children.

It's quite daunting and I have lots of questions:blink: ... regarding visas for our kids, finding housing, schooling etc! We do have NI cards so hoping that will help the processes.

Hopefully I will find the right forum to post my questions, and look forward to being part of this great community :)

TIA!

bakedbean May 25th 2013 12:57 pm

Re: Hello :) moving to UK

Hi there and welcome to the forum :)

I would guess that the best section of the forum for you to look at and post some questions would be the Moving Back to the UK section. I think you should be able to find it from the forum index page but, if you get stuck, just shout.

All the best with your plans.

dreadsoc May 26th 2013 3:48 pm

Hi KitUK

Welcome to BE.

It may also be worthwhile checking the websites for the British High Commisssion (South African branch) and vfs Global who often handle the visa processes.
I haven;t actually looked at the SA based websites for either, but certainly in other countries these websites have some very useful guidelines for visa requirements as well as contact numbers for any questions you have about the visa requirements.

All the best with your planned move to the cold country (although the sun is shining today for a change !!! :D)

Dread - x

Rosemary May 27th 2013 2:46 pm

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary

Kituk May 27th 2013 5:29 pm

Thank you for your input and advice, I will look into all those sources and pages. I'm busy reviewing old threads in the MBTTUK section. It's really great to have your support.