Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello! Moving to Chicago.

Hello! Moving to Chicago.

Old Jul 19th 2014, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

nat221 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hello! Moving to Chicago.

Unimaginative subject title there... anyway hello, I'm Nat. I'm moving to Chicago to marry my fiance on Tuesday! I've lurked here a few times during the visa process, and I thought since I'm moving to a new country for the first time, being in contact with fellow Brits would be a good idea.

(I mean I love Chicago, and my fiance, but there are a lot of things I will miss!)

So yeah, that's me. Hello!
Old Jul 19th 2014, 8:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello! Moving to Chicago.

Originally Posted by nat221
Unimaginative subject title there... anyway hello, I'm Nat. I'm moving to Chicago to marry my fiance on Tuesday! I've lurked here a few times during the visa process, and I thought since I'm moving to a new country for the first time, being in contact with fellow Brits would be a good idea.

(I mean I love Chicago, and my fiance, but there are a lot of things I will miss!)

So yeah, that's me. Hello!
Hello...welcome aboard.

I see you have already found your feet around the forums. Please give me a shout if you have any site related problems. Good luck with the move and congratulations!
Old Jul 20th 2014, 12:24 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum
Old Jul 21st 2014, 2:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding tomorrow. If you need any advice on things US, ask away in the US forum and you will get great info.

I know that is much you will miss from the UK, i.e. food products, roundabouts, sunday roast dinners, etc. But you have so much to experience and experiment with in Chicago.

Grab your best tee shirt and shorts and soak up the lake effect
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 1:52 am
Just Joined

Freddy_Fulham is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck!