British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Hello from Moscow (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/hello-moscow-811579/)

Unluckyalf Oct 8th 2013 1:20 pm

Hello from Moscow

Hi, I'm English but live and work in Moscow where I'm saving for my retirement hopefully in Spain.

I will take a look round the forum then bombard you with lots of questions about buying property, residence, health insurance, taxes, best football team to support etc.

Just to complicate matters my wife is Russian so she will need a legal team of her own to live in Spain. :)

bakedbean Oct 8th 2013 1:36 pm

Re: Hello from Moscow

Hi Alf and welcome to the forum. I do hope you're not unlucky :D

You may wish to check out the Spain forum on here. It's quite a lively section with lots of good folks to answer any questions that you may have.

I'm not too sure if we have any posters in Russia. If we do, I expect you'll find them in the main section of Europe possibly. Never quite sure which direction to point folks in Russia. It's such a vast country, isn't it.

All the best with your research.

larkins12 Oct 8th 2013 3:44 pm

hi, I worked for over 20 years in the CIS, got married to an Azeri 5 years ago and then 18 months ago decided had enough :))

Question was, where to live??. after some thought decided on Bulgaria and so far have not regretted it one bit.

Now the Visa issue:)

I came to Bulgaria, established a company (3 days) 400 euro, got to do something to keep my wife in shopping funds :), obtained a resident permit 1 day (15euro) and then took my wife and child to Bulgaria embassy in Baku, Azerbaijan to obtain a (TOURIST) visa for them. This was issued as I was already a resident of Bulgaria and they would be joining me there. NO, where's your money, insurance hotel etc etc

Visas were granted in 5 days:) NO FEE as I am a citizen of the EU (British).

On arrival in Bulgaria went to local immigration office and in 3 days (10 euro each) my wife and child where granted residence. Only required to show where we lived.

We can travel all over the EU (EXCEPT THE UK which has some very strange regulations) without any visa issues. and I am advised, not really investigated this but they can get Bulgarian citizenship after 5 years.

No inheritance tax here, Top rate of tax 10% cheapest petrol in Europe and possibly cigarettes and food and a national debt under 7% of GDP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unluckyalf Oct 8th 2013 6:15 pm

Thanks for reply. As a Russian there is no way my Mrs is going to look at Bulgaria.

Spain is where we both want to be so I need to look at the specifics of getting us both settled there.

Re forums, we actually have two in Russia

Redtape.ru for serious but fun folk

Expat.ru for general backbiting.

Petterhoddge Oct 11th 2013 5:22 am

GoodMorning...

Unluckyalf Oct 11th 2013 5:29 am

<snip>

Alfresco Oct 11th 2013 6:14 am

Hi and Wlecome to BE. Please have a look at the site rules with regards to posting in English.

Thank you! :)

Unluckyalf Oct 11th 2013 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 10939643)
Hi and Wlecome to BE. Please have a look at the site rules with regards to posting in English.

Thank you! :)

And are there any rules about posts like Good Morning, albeit in English?

Hence my retort good morning in Russian.

bethgroove Oct 11th 2013 7:57 am

Welcome to Forum! How are the things going in Russia? :D

Unluckyalf Oct 11th 2013 10:06 am

Originally Posted by bethgroove (Post 10939726)
Welcome to Forum! How are the things going in Russia? :D

Thanks. Generally fine. Been here 10 years but soon time for somewhere warmer. In winter anyway. In summer we are ok.