Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello! Londoners hoping to move to Wellington, NZ.

Hello! Londoners hoping to move to Wellington, NZ.

Old Apr 30th 2013, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

WilliamsNZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hello! Londoners hoping to move to Wellington, NZ.

Hello!

Was a little hesitant about joining as we are not actually "definite's" yet as we are still waiting on confirmation of the job but thought it was best to find out as much as possible as soon as possible.

Hopefully we will be moving to Central Wellington in August/September time. We are very excited, but very inexperienced and not sure what to expect, or what we need to know.

Fairly new to this whole forum malarkey, but hopefully we've started in the right place.

Thanks!
Old May 1st 2013, 2:13 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello! Londoners hoping to move to Wellington, NZ.

pop on over to the NZ forum http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83

lots of lovely people who are and have been in the same position as you.

Let them know what type of work you do and what visa you will come over on which will help to get the right answers.
Have you been here before? do you know anyone? why are you wanting to stick to central Welly? etc
Old May 1st 2013, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Hi there, we are moving to Welly on 27th may, hubby will be working in the CBD. If you have any questions just ask and if I can't answer I'm sure someone else can, they are great like that
See you in Welly

Not sure I still class as a Londoner, born there but moved to Devon when I was 16 and have lived here 26yrs, but I do still get pie n mash delivered from Peckham
Old May 1st 2013, 6:24 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi WilliamsNZ and welcome to the forum As Mrs F says, do pop over to the NZ section of this forum and have a chat with folks who actually live in and enjoy New Zealand.

All the best with your plans
Old May 1st 2013, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Thank you all for the lovely welcome.

Thanks shocked kiwi for the advice, will definitely look at that website.
Old May 1st 2013, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

Ah okay. Well thanks again for your input.

I've just quickly done a search however for flights from Wellington to Auckland and found roundtrips leaving tomorrow for the weekend for as cheap as NZ$148... Maybe it was just luck, but I feel perhaps things might not be quite as bad as they seem.

Either way, I think it is best to be cautious when making a big decision like this, so you are definitely right on that front.
Old May 3rd 2013, 12:45 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by WilliamsNZ
Hello!

Was a little hesitant about joining as we are not actually "definite's" yet as we are still waiting on confirmation of the job but thought it was best to find out as much as possible as soon as possible.

Hopefully we will be moving to Central Wellington in August/September time. We are very excited, but very inexperienced and not sure what to expect, or what we need to know.

Fairly new to this whole forum malarkey, but hopefully we've started in the right place.

Thanks!
Kia Ora and welcome to BE.

for the job offer. See you down on the NZ forum
Old May 3rd 2013, 3:18 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys, see you made to the NZ branch. Just wanted to say hello! *Waves*
Old May 5th 2013, 7:16 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary