Hi!

Old Apr 29th 2012, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

RM_Wife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi!

Hi everyone, found this site and been browsing so thought I'd join and introduce myself. I am married to a man in the military, and have had a life-long passion for travelling. I am hoping to get over to America and be there on a permanent basis. Hoping to just get some general info about the process and having someone's brains to pick when needs be! Looking forward to getting to know some people who are in a similar situation and some who have already successfully managed to achieve their dream!
Old Apr 29th 2012, 8:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi!

Originally Posted by RM_Wife
Hi everyone, found this site and been browsing so thought I'd join and introduce myself. I am married to a man in the military, and have had a life-long passion for travelling. I am hoping to get over to America and be there on a permanent basis. Hoping to just get some general info about the process and having someone's brains to pick when needs be! Looking forward to getting to know some people who are in a similar situation and some who have already successfully managed to achieve their dream!
to BE.

Unless your husband is a USC the route to America can be extremely difficult. Take a read through this...if you or your husband fit into one of the categories then you may have a chance of moving Stateside.

We have several excellent US forums...why don't you pop over there...take a look around and join in?
Old Apr 29th 2012, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

I have a friend who is a USC, and she has offered to sponsor me to become her daughters Nanny as she was born in the UK and wants to keep that connection between the UK and her daughter. Hubby is a UK citizen, and will stay here to stay in his job whilst I am in the US and come and visit while he keeps his career here.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 9:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I have a friend who is a USC, and she has offered to sponsor me to become her daughters Nanny as she was born in the UK and wants to keep that connection between the UK and her daughter. Hubby is a UK citizen, and will stay here to stay in his job whilst I am in the US and come and visit while he keeps his career here.
I'm afraid she cannot sponsor you...you cannot sponsor someone to work as a nanny.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Ha, looks as though it will just have to be holidays then!
Old Apr 29th 2012, 9:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ha, looks as though it will just have to be holidays then!
Have you considered Canada?
Old Apr 29th 2012, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

My first choice was Australia, but then hubby would prefer USA. Canada could be a possibility, I haven't really thought about it. I don't want to just move anywhere (as much as I hate the UK), I have been to the US a few times and have many friends and family members there so it kinda meant a bit to me to go there. I will have to have a think, see what we can come up with I suppose!
Old Apr 29th 2012, 9:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

My first choice was Australia, but then hubby would prefer USA. Canada could be a possibility, I haven't really thought about it. I don't want to just move anywhere (as much as I hate the UK), I have been to the US a few times and have many friends and family members there so it kinda meant a bit to me to go there. I will have to have a think, see what we can come up with I suppose!
Well yes there is Australia...it all depends if you are able to get a visa for both Oz and Canada.

We have forums covering many countries...take a look down this list. The forums covering Canada and Australia are excellent...take a look around and ask a few questions if you wish...our members will do their best to help you. The BE Wiki is also a great source of information.

Good luck.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Given hubbys job he would get into Australia very easily, we know a few people who live here on the married quarters who have emigrated to Australia in the last 6 months with all the redundancies in the Armed forces. Hubby just won't go though! I know a lot of people who prefer Canada to America, but I can't say as I have never been. I will have to speak to the hubby, see what he wants to do and then take it from there!

Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 9:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Given hubbys job he would get into Australia very easily, we know a few people who live here on the married quarters who have emigrated to Australia in the last 6 months with all the redundancies in the Armed forces. Hubby just won't go though! I know a lot of people who prefer Canada to America, but I can't say as I have never been. I will have to speak to the hubby, see what he wants to do and then take it from there!

Thanks for your help.
IMO there is a lot to be said for being able to jump on a plane and be back in the UK in a few hours...rather than a few days. Please do take a read through some of the threads in those forums...it will give you an idea of the pros and cons of moving to each country.
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:29 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary