Reload this Page >

Hello,from India

Hello,from India

Old Dec 19th 2010, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

s3r3ndipity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello,from India

Hi friends,

I am a 34 yrs old female from India. I got diagnosed with a Grade 4 GBM (during 2008 in India) when I was doing my PhD in Canada.Today I am a long term survivor of this deadly disease without any neurological deficits and still continuing my PhD.I had undergone 2 major surgeries, 1 minor surgery,omaya reservoir inside the skull,12 cycles of chemo,radiation etc. In another 6-7 months,going to complete my PhD.After that I would like to do my post doctoral research abroad (mostly in Europe) or to any country,which is 8 hours fly maximum from India.I prefer Europe,Australia,New Zealand etc.

Do you think based on my health condition I could not get a visa to any of the European countries,if I get a post doctoral position?

I really don't know where to post this question in the forum. That is why I am posting it here.

Please,throw some light on my case.

Thank you.

Serendipity

Last edited by s3r3ndipity; Dec 19th 2010 at 8:27 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello,from India

Originally Posted by s3r3ndipity
Hi friends,

I am a 34 yrs old female from India. I got diagnosed with a Grade 4 GBM (during 2008 in India) when I was doing my PhD in Canada.Today I am a long term survivor of this deadly disease without any neurological deficits and still continuing my PhD.I had undergone 2 major surgeries, 1 minor surgery,omaya reservoir inside the skull,12 cycles of chemo,radiation etc. In another 6-7 months,going to complete my PhD.After that I would like to do my post doctoral research abroad (mostly in Europe),which is 8 hours fly maximum from India.

Do you think based on my health condition I could not get a visa to any of the European countries,if I get a post doctoral position?

I really don't know where to post this question in the forum. That is why I am posting it here.

Thank you.

Serendipity
God bless you, I hope you get whatever you want..you have certainly earned it..
Old Dec 19th 2010, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
God bless you, I hope you get whatever you want..you have certainly earned it..
Thank you very much, ldyinlv
Old Dec 19th 2010, 11:43 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi friends,

I am a 34 yrs old female from India. I got diagnosed with a Grade 4 GBM (during 2008 in India) when I was doing my PhD in Canada.Today I am a long term survivor of this deadly disease without any neurological deficits and still continuing my PhD.I had undergone 2 major surgeries, 1 minor surgery,omaya reservoir inside the skull,12 cycles of chemo,radiation etc. In another 6-7 months,going to complete my PhD.After that I would like to do my post doctoral research abroad (mostly in Europe) or to any country,which is 8 hours fly maximum from India.I prefer Europe,Australia,New Zealand etc.

Thank you.

Serendipity
Hi Serendipity

Firstly welcome to BE.
Being the conierge for the Goa forum, I guess that makes me the closest one to India.
After what you have been through your site name is certainly very appropriate.
I can't actually answer your question in any detail, but my advice would be to go onto the forum index page and have a look at the forums for the countries you are interested in. Several of them have immigration forums specific to that country, which will offer you lots of useful information on visas etc. Also just feel free to post your question onto any of the forums for the countries that interest you - I am sure one of the regulars on each one will be able to either answer you or direct you to where you will find the answer.
I can add one thing regarding the UK, which is that you should not be discriminated against because of your medical condition as the Disability Discrimination Act is very much in force here. I am sure your illness lasted more than one year which means that you would qualify under this act. Hope this helps.

That just leaves me to say good luck in whatever you choose to do - you certainly deserve it. Also good luck wth the remainder of your Phd.

Dread - x
Old Dec 19th 2010, 11:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi friends,

Thank you.

Serendipity
Hi and welcome to BE.

I don't really know if anyone here at BE can help you with your questions as we are mostly Brits living overseas. Perhaps if you Google you may find a forum for non Europeans wishing to move to Europe. You could try reposting your questions in the general Europe Forum...we do not have a European Immigration forum because people from the UK can move around Europe easily.

Good luck...I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 20th 2010 at 1:10 am.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 3:51 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much dreadsoc and Jerseygirl for the reply and suggestions

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

1) During 2009 June, Canada(New Delhi) has rejected my study permit extension for 5 years due to my excessive health care costs and become a burden to the society etc.That is the main reason I have been continuing my research from India.If I want to pursue my post doc. in Canada, then,I can reapply after 2014. But I don't want to waste my time till 2014.

2) The main reason I am looking for countries close to India is,if something goes wrong with my health and if their health care system could not treat me due to various reasons,I should reach India as soon as possible for my further treatment.Rather than working for a company,I am very much interested in doing a post doctoral research,which could be completed in 18-24 months.

I'll update the status ... Thanks again.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 3:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much dreadsoc and Jerseygirl for the reply and suggestions

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

1) During 2009 June, Canada(New Delhi) has rejected my study permit extension for 5 years due to my excessive health care costs and become a burden to the society etc.That is the main reason I have been continuing my research from India.If I want to pursue my post doc. in Canada, then,I can reapply after 2014. But I don't want to waste my time till 2014.

2) The main reason I am looking for countries close to India is,if something goes wrong with my health and if their health care system could not treat me due to various reasons,I should reach India as soon as possible for my further treatment.Rather than working for a company,I am very much interested in doing a post doctoral research,which could be completed in 18-24 months.

I'll update the status ... Thanks again.
As this forum is to welcome new members to BE...please could you repost your post in a new thread in the Europe forum? Thank you.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
As this forum is to welcome new members to BE...please could you repost your post in a new thread in the Europe forum? Thank you.
Thank you Jerseygirl

I have posted in the Europe forum.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 12:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thank you Jerseygirl

I have posted in the Europe forum.
Thank you.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 12:38 pm
himanshudpfoc

hi i am also from India and i am here to make new friends