Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello from Finland!

Hello from Finland!

Old May 13th 2010, 6:47 am
Just Joined

RitaLena is just really niceRitaLena is just really niceRitaLena is just really niceRitaLena is just really niceRitaLena is just really niceRitaLena is just really niceRitaLena is just really niceRitaLena is just really nice
Default Hello from Finland!

Greetings to all from Finland!

Would like to work as a nurse in Australia for some time, that would be like a dream come true. Hope I´ll make it within a year or two..but a lot of things to do before that because my son would come with me and I´m not even sure they want me as I am 40+. Are there any Scandinavians living in Australia? Would be nice to hear from you!

The summer has finally arrived to my country with sunshine and warm weather.
Old May 13th 2010, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Tuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really nice
Default Re:Retirement visa

Hello Australia! We are here for a month to see my parents and an issue that we had not thought about too much has reared its ugly head. They came here on a retirement visa about 10 years ago and are now in their 70's and not in the best of health. The entire family is concerned that every thing that they have worked for is in danger of dissapearing because of the imminent appearence of horrendous medical bills. We all know that this is when rather than if and we would be very grateful if we could get some urgent advice and/or other peoples experience. We have tried to tell them that it would be best if they returned to the UK because in the event of the inevitable it would be the best place for them to be in respect of the free medical stuff. They paid into it all their lives so are entitled to it. We are desparate for them. I am sorry if I have posted this on the wrong thread but am at my wits end. Tuvalu
Old May 13th 2010, 12:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Finland!

Originally Posted by RitaLena
Greetings to all from Finland!

Would like to work as a nurse in Australia for some time, that would be like a dream come true. Hope I´ll make it within a year or two..but a lot of things to do before that because my son would come with me and I´m not even sure they want me as I am 40+. Are there any Scandinavians living in Australia? Would be nice to hear from you!

The summer has finally arrived to my country with sunshine and warm weather.
Hello RitaLena and welcome to BE.

We have an extremely large membership of expats who live in Australia so why don't you pop over to our Australia forums and take a look around. Please post any questions you have in there...you're bound to get helpful replies to your questions. Any questions regarding the actual immigration process should be posted in the Immigration forum.

Regarding your son...you do not mention his father so I presume he is not moving with you. You will need to get written legal permission from him to immigrate with your son.

Good luck with the move.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 13th 2010 at 12:41 pm. Reason: early morning typo
Old May 13th 2010, 12:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retirement visa

Originally Posted by Tuvalu
Hello Australia! We are here for a month to see my parents and an issue that we had not thought about too much has reared its ugly head. They came here on a retirement visa about 10 years ago and are now in their 70's and not in the best of health. The entire family is concerned that every thing that they have worked for is in danger of dissapearing because of the imminent appearence of horrendous medical bills. We all know that this is when rather than if and we would be very grateful if we could get some urgent advice and/or other peoples experience. We have tried to tell them that it would be best if they returned to the UK because in the event of the inevitable it would be the best place for them to be in respect of the free medical stuff. They paid into it all their lives so are entitled to it. We are desparate for them. I am sorry if I have posted this on the wrong thread but am at my wits end. Tuvalu
I'm sorry to hear about your parents...many of us will face the same situation as we grow older in our adopted country. It's something we don't really think about when we make the decision to move overseas.

You would be best to post your question in the Australia forums for two reasons. Firstly this forum is purely to welcome new members to BE. Secondly there are many more knowledgeable people who post in the Australia forums who will be able to help you.

I see you haven't posted in the Australia forum before...if you click on the link I gave you above it will take you directly to BE's main Australia forum. Please repost your question in there...we have had several members who have moved back to the UK when ill health has befallen them.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 13th 2010 at 12:41 pm. Reason: more early morning typos
Old May 13th 2010, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Tuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I'm sorry to hear about your parents...many of us will face the same situation as we grow older in our adopted country. It's something we don't really think about when we make the decision to move overseas.

You would be best to post your question in the Australia forums for two reasons. Firstly this forum is purely to welcome new members to BE. Secondly there are many more knowledgeable people who post in the Australia forums who will be able to help you.

I see you haven't posted in the Australia forum before...if you click on the link I gave you above it will take you directly to BE's main Australia forum. Please repost your question in there...we have had several members who have moved back to the UK when ill health has befallen them.
Thanks for that Jerseygirl. I realised my mistake and corrected it. A couple too many glasses.
Old May 13th 2010, 9:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Tuvalu
Thanks for that Jerseygirl. I realised my mistake and corrected it. A couple too many glasses.
No problem...many of us are guilty of that. Cheers.
Old May 14th 2010, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

There are plenty of Finns in Melbourne, so there would be a community gathering for them somewhere.

Although you dont see too many on here. Probably most welcome to participate on these boards so have a look around. Fairly sure you will be able to make friends quite easily.
Old May 14th 2010, 12:56 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

RitaLena,

A bit late to the party but welcome to BE.

I hope you enjoy being part of our little community.

Don't forget if you need anything please give me, or one of the moderators, a shout.

Sue
Old May 15th 2010, 12:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Hello finland - we visited your country last may and had a fabulous time......