Reload this Page >

I`m new too :) ! Moved to the US in March

I`m new too :) ! Moved to the US in March

Old May 30th 2014, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Nicky2303 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I`m new too :) ! Moved to the US in March

Hi guys,

So just registered and came to say hi. I`m British (no duh!) and moved to the US in March last year with my Japanese husband from Tokyo, where I moved to from London 12 years ago.

We have 3 Brit/J kids, aged 10 8 and 4.

Husband was offered a job with a Japanese company based in the US sohere we are in Southern California and bloody hell is this different to Tokyo!

I have visa-issues right now which is what brought me to this thread (I`ll save that little gem for the immigration forum) but even more importantly if anyone knows where to get jaffa cakes around here I`m all ears. Well, one ear. Deaf in the left one. Thanks a bunch mother nature - apparently the Japanese doctors said it was caused by stress from the quake and tsunami in 2011, but these are the same professionals who went on the record claiming you can`t catch radiation poisoning if you smile.

Yeah. Good to be in the US....!

Cheers all. Looking forward to meeting some people
Old May 31st 2014, 12:45 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I`m new too :) !

Hi and welcome to the forum

I see you've found the USA section OK and that's the best place for your questions.
Old Jun 1st 2014, 4:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky2303
Hi guys,

So just registered and came to say hi. I`m British (no duh!) and moved to the US in March last year with my Japanese husband from Tokyo, where I moved to from London 12 years ago.

We have 3 Brit/J kids, aged 10 8 and 4.

Husband was offered a job with a Japanese company based in the US sohere we are in Southern California and bloody hell is this different to Tokyo!

I have visa-issues right now which is what brought me to this thread (I`ll save that little gem for the immigration forum) but even more importantly if anyone knows where to get jaffa cakes around here I`m all ears. Well, one ear. Deaf in the left one. Thanks a bunch mother nature - apparently the Japanese doctors said it was caused by stress from the quake and tsunami in 2011, but these are the same professionals who went on the record claiming you can`t catch radiation poisoning if you smile.

Yeah. Good to be in the US....!

Cheers all. Looking forward to meeting some people

I just wanted to say hi and welcome you to BE.

Please let me know if you have any site related problems.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 2:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicky ... I'm deaf in the right one so we make the perfect wife for some man who likes to talk and talk and talk.

Jaffa cakes ... here in my area they are sold everywhere from supermarkets to family run neighborhood markets. We are a largely Irish area just outside of New York City, and their food fetishes (LOL My Expression) is catered to.

Seriously, look in your local large supermarket for the Irish Section and you will find them. Also they are available from Amazon.com.

And welcome to BE!
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 9:58 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Just want to add my welcome to the throng!

Looks like you are finding your way around ok, and I hope you enjoy being part of our little virtual community!
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 2:54 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I`m new too :) ! Moved to the US in March

from north of the border!