Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello from Dordogne, Bergerac

Hello from Dordogne, Bergerac

Old Feb 25th 2017, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

VirMiuTi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from Dordogne, Bergerac

Hello I have been in France for 3 years now in Dordogne and am looking to sell to move ideally to the Pyrenees Atlantiques but .. mmm the cost of houses there might be too high for a detached house especially on the cost... so voila
The funny part is am French but have never lived in France since I was a small teen as my family first moved to Spain and then I moved to London ... so I actually feel completely foreign here way more than in London or Spain... Every time I can escape to Eymet I do to immerse in British Humour and actually feel right at home .. but don't really want to stay in the Dordogne even if it's absolutely beautiful ..
Old Feb 25th 2017, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Hello from Dordogne, Bergerac

I realised you might be wondering what am doing on a British Expat forum so here I explain a little I lived in the UK for 25 years, I studied there and worked for a News Agency travelling a lot (international I speak 4 languages). So I have never worked in France. Therefore in terms of pension etc.. when the time will come I will find myself a little bit (a lot) in a pickle. A part from that I spent 8 years in Spain 5 in San Sebastian prior to the UK and 3 in Barcelona. So until 2 years ago I did not have a Carte Vitale (it took me 1 year to have one) I basically did not exist in the French system whatsoever... well except from my birth certificate .. I have done yoga for over 25 years and am currently doing my Teacher Training with a British School and hopefully once (if) I graduate in May start working in France for the first time ... hope that helps clarify why I hope I haven't unsettled anyone by joining the forum.. but expat in all possible ways I am ..
Old Feb 25th 2017, 8:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE.

You don't have to be a Brit to join in the fun and discussions here...in fact we have members of many different nationalities. If you've not found it yet...we have an excellent France forum...follow the link below and it will take you straight there.

France - British Expats

Please give me a shout if you run into any site related problems.

Good luck and once again...welcome!!
Old Feb 25th 2017, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Hello Jerseygirl thank you that's brilliant .. sorry about the previous long thread.. I am not exactly use to Forums ... oops
Old Feb 25th 2017, 8:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VirMiuTi
Hello Jerseygirl thank you that's brilliant .. sorry about the previous long thread.. I am not exactly use to Forums ... oops
No problem.
Old Mar 4th 2017, 7:02 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary