Reload this Page >

Hello from the Black Country! Thinking of moving to Australia

Hello from the Black Country! Thinking of moving to Australia

Old Feb 6th 2011, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

DJs Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from the Black Country! Thinking of moving to Australia

Hi all,

I am a complete novice in terms of forums so please excuse any daft questions!!

My family and I (three of us) are making those first tentative steps towards leaving the UK for good and starting afresh in Australia - possibly in the Perth area. This is both exciting and scary for all of us!

However we are not sure where we should start, hence joining this site.

I currently work for a very large charity in the midlands primarily doing alcohol counselling, but I also do drug and gambling counselling, before that I was with the probation service as an 'Offender Manager'.

I am hoping to find similar work in the land down under, and whilst I know that all countries have their issues, does anyone know what the provision is like for treatment (is it all charity work or does the government provide anything?).

Also does anyone know what is considered a 'decent' amount of capital to take with us in order to set ourselves up? I understand this differs according to lifestyle, but we have simple tastes and are not looking to buy a house immediately.

Thanks for reading this far! If anyone can offer any answers I would be very grateful!

All the best
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from the Black Country! Thinking of moving to Australia

Originally Posted by DJs Daddy
Hi all,

I am a complete novice in terms of forums so please excuse any daft questions!!

My family and I (three of us) are making those first tentative steps towards leaving the UK for good and starting afresh in Australia - possibly in the Perth area. This is both exciting and scary for all of us!

However we are not sure where we should start, hence joining this site.

I currently work for a very large charity in the midlands primarily doing alcohol counselling, but I also do drug and gambling counselling, before that I was with the probation service as an 'Offender Manager'.

I am hoping to find similar work in the land down under, and whilst I know that all countries have their issues, does anyone know what the provision is like for treatment (is it all charity work or does the government provide anything?).

Also does anyone know what is considered a 'decent' amount of capital to take with us in order to set ourselves up? I understand this differs according to lifestyle, but we have simple tastes and are not looking to buy a house immediately.

Thanks for reading this far! If anyone can offer any answers I would be very grateful!

All the best
Hello and welcome to BE.

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. It would be best if you repost your immigration questions in the Australia Forums...you will get a better response from the people who post in that forum. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of useful info in there.

Before you begin posting please take time to read through the Site Rules and any stickied threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

Kelli28 is the concierge for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact Kelli.

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20,, Sonlymewalter and Alistairboyle.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require any help. Good luck.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from the Black Country! Thinking of moving to Australia

Hello & welcome to BE.

I'm sure you'll get some very useful information in the Australia forum. There aren't any daft questions, we were all new to this at one time

Good luck with your plans to get to Oz. I live on the islands next door!