Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Just introducing myself

Just introducing myself

Old Apr 23rd 2017, 3:00 am
Just Joined

vic68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just introducing myself

Hi, I am a 48yo first generation Australian with a current British Passport (British Citizenship) and I am thinking of moving to the UK. I know this may sound strange to most of you, but there are a very particular set of circumstances that are making me consider this. I did visit the UK a couple of times in the 80's, I know that's hardly relevant, but I do know about life in the UK. My parents never assimilated into Australia, they have both passed away. I am an Anglophile and have never felt particularly Australian. I have no family, there is nothing to keep me here really and I can easily afford to go. I know I should go for a trip first, visit my relations and do a sort of recce.

I will post more detail on the "moving back to the UK" forum. I know everyone will think this is weird, but I would be interested in any feedback.

Best wishes, Al
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 5:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Just introducing myself

It is no more weird than anyone else that has a desire and push to emigrate away from their home turf.

You go for it & I'll look forward to seeing you around the UK forum.