Reload this Page >

New to Calgary

New to Calgary

Old Jul 29th 2011, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Andrew.Buchan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to Calgary

Hello.

I moved to Calgary on June 1st 2011 and I am liking it so far.

My partner is starting law school in September in at UofC and that is why I am here! I am on a work permit.

I like the parts of Calgary I have seen - I find the transport is put together well, the c-train and buses work pretty well but a vehicle would be handy!

One thing I have found though (and this is probably not Calgary specific) is making friends here. My partner is from here so she has her group of friends. I have joined some groups (football, gym, cinema) and everyone seems friendly enough so far but my phone only has a few numbers in it!

Thanks for having me Calgary!
Old Jul 30th 2011, 2:45 am

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Calgary

Welcome to Calgary! Strictly speaking I don't live in Calgary but very close by in Cochrane! Anyway, glad you're liking it and don't worry about the friendships; it's early days still and friendships take time to develop. You just have to put yourself out there and take opportunities that come your way and gradually you'll make new friends.

All the best!
Old Jul 30th 2011, 2:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew.Buchan
Hello.

I moved to Calgary on June 1st 2011 and I am liking it so far.

My partner is starting law school in September in at UofC and that is why I am here! I am on a work permit.

I like the parts of Calgary I have seen - I find the transport is put together well, the c-train and buses work pretty well but a vehicle would be handy!

One thing I have found though (and this is probably not Calgary specific) is making friends here. My partner is from here so she has her group of friends. I have joined some groups (football, gym, cinema) and everyone seems friendly enough so far but my phone only has a few numbers in it!

Thanks for having me Calgary!
Hello and welcome to BE.

Are you enjoying living in Calgary? It does take time to make new friends when one moves to a new country...but now you've found us I'm sure you'll make some. We have quite a few members who live in the Calgary area...maybe you could arrange to meet-up with a few.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid is the concierge for the Canada forums...she will be act as your BE tour guides to help you find your way around.

For any other questions, problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.

Please shout out if you require help with anything...there is usually someone around to help out.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 9:35 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 31st 2011, 9:08 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andrew

Welcome to BE.
First of all I am glad you are liking Calgary - I have never been thre but heard good things - especially as it recently got named the cleanest city in the world (rather different from Goa where I normally lurk foir some of the year !!!!)
It always takes a while to settle in and find a good crew of friends but you are putting yourself out there so I am sure that will change soon.

In the meantime you can always get a laugh and a good ole 'Brit fix' on BE.

All the best

Dread - x