Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello All - Moving to Canada

Hello All - Moving to Canada

Old Jan 27th 2011, 11:12 pm
Account Closed

eyeoftheocean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello All - Moving to Canada

Hi all, just to say I moved here in 2008 with my hubby who is a Canadian citizen, I am English , we are married and I have been going through Immigration now for almost 3 years ! *sigh* its been a tough road for us both, what with CSIS interviews and my case being delayed even further but Im still here waiting for the big day !
Old Jan 27th 2011, 11:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Originally Posted by eyeoftheocean
Hi all, just to say I moved here in 2008 with my hubby who is a Canadian citizen, I am English , we are married and I have been going through Immigration now for almost 3 years ! *sigh* its been a tough road for us both, what with CSIS interviews and my case being delayed even further but Im still here waiting for the big day !
Hi there and welcome to BE. BTW I love your username.

3 years is a long time...I had no idea it took so long for a spouse of a Canadian citizen to immigrate.

I see you've already started to post in our Canada Forum. If you want any immigration advice please post it in the Canada Immigration Forum. The people who post in there will help you all they can with immigration issues..

Please read through all the sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of the forum's index page. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of information in there.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid and The Aviator are concierges for the Canada forums...they will act as your tour guides and guide you around the forums.

For any other problems please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 1:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hi there and welcome to BE. BTW I love your username.

3 years is a long time...I had no idea it took so long for a spouse of a Canadian citizen to immigrate.

I see you've already started to post in our Canada Forum. If you want any immigration advice please post it in the Canada Immigration Forum. The people who post in there will help you all they can with immigration issues..

Please read through all the sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of the forum's index page. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of information in there.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid and The Aviator are concierges for the Canada forums...they will act as your tour guides and guide you around the forums.

For any other problems please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.
Thank you for your advice and your signature is what an old freind says to me "you can take the girl out of yorkshire " etc LOL ..Im from good ole yorkshire too
Old Jan 28th 2011, 1:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your advice and your signature is what an old freind says to me "you can take the girl out of yorkshire " etc LOL ..Im from good ole yorkshire too
Well hello fellow Yorkie. Where are you from...I'm a Sheffield Lass myself?

While I'm asking questions...where in Canada are you heading to? Our daughter lives in Toronto...we spend quite a bit of time there.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 1:19 am
Account Closed

Well hello fellow Yorkie. Where are you from...I'm a Sheffield Lass myself?

While I'm asking questions...where in Canada are you heading to? Our daughter lives in Toronto...we spend quite a bit of time there.

Im from Keighley , the hell hole LOL ...and Ive been here in Canada for almost 3 years , going through PR right now and should almost be near the end of some decsion

Been to Toronto many times , too busy for me lol a bit like London England what do you think of it ?
Old Jan 28th 2011, 1:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Keighley...not a million miles away from Sheffield.

I like T.O...we have a condo downtown lakeside. Don't know whether I would like to live there though.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

Keighley...not a million miles away from Sheffield.

I like T.O...we have a condo downtown lakeside. Don't know whether I would like to live there though.

Your luky to have a condo on the lakeside ! And no I wouldnt blame you if you didnt want to live there , the place is a zoo LOL ..too busy for my liking Im a country girl and live way out in the country here , the highlight of my life is watching the hay baylers in summer time LOL ...

My hubby and I have drove past sheffield , but not actually been to visit
Old Jan 28th 2011, 10:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Your luky to have a condo on the lakeside ! And no I wouldnt blame you if you didnt want to live there , the place is a zoo LOL ..too busy for my liking Im a country girl and live way out in the country here , the highlight of my life is watching the hay baylers in summer time LOL ...

My hubby and I have drove past sheffield , but not actually been to visit
It is a zoo you are right...especially the trafffic. I like to be in T.O. in the summer...not so keen in the winter. Saying that we're having worse weather here this winter.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

It is a zoo you are right...especially the trafffic. I like to be in T.O. in the summer...not so keen in the winter. Saying that we're having worse weather here this winter.

Summer here is awsome, infact Canada has all the seasons ..I remember when I was a kid (not that long ago) we used to have sasons in England , but all it ever does now is rain , and since I moved to Canada in 2008 England has had more snow there than here weird lol

I chat to my kids every day almost cos their still in England, they tell me how bad the weather is there ,and I tell them I remember way back when I was your age and we got loads of snow .

Its nice chatting with you
Old Jan 28th 2011, 11:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Summer here is awsome, infact Canada has all the seasons ..I remember when I was a kid (not that long ago) we used to have sasons in England , but all it ever does now is rain , and since I moved to Canada in 2008 England has had more snow there than here weird lol

I chat to my kids every day almost cos their still in England, they tell me how bad the weather is there ,and I tell them I remember way back when I was your age and we got loads of snow .

Its nice chatting with you
Nice to chat to you to.

Yeah I remember when I was a child living in Sheffield...the snow used to come over the top of my wellies. Oh and those long hot summer days we used to have...remember?
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

Nice to chat to you to.

Yeah I remember when I was a child living in Sheffield...the snow used to come over the top of my wellies. Oh and those long hot summer days we used to have...remember?

I certainly do remember those hot days ..and the drouts that came with them lol

Im so sick of the snow here now , it gets depressing after a few months , everything becomes smaller and the temp is stupidly cold -30 somedays BRRRrrrrr roll on April I say ! whats the weather been like there ?
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I certainly do remember those hot days ..and the drouts that came with them lol

Im so sick of the snow here now , it gets depressing after a few months , everything becomes smaller and the temp is stupidly cold -30 somedays BRRRrrrrr roll on April I say ! whats the weather been like there ?
Since Christmas about the same as you by the sound of it. Actually the news here reported that Canada is having a milder winter than we are this year.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 4:13 pm
Account Closed

Since Christmas about the same as you by the sound of it. Actually the news here reported that Canada is having a milder winter than we are this year.

Wow , its hard to beleive really but Ive heard the same too .
Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:05 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello All - Moving to Canada

Hi eyeoftheocean

Just to say welcome to BE from me too.
It sounds like you have had quite a time of it with the bureaucracy - hope the red tape unties soon.

Dread - x
Old Jan 29th 2011, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: Hello All - Moving to Canada

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi eyeoftheocean

Just to say welcome to BE from me too.
It sounds like you have had quite a time of it with the bureaucracy - hope the red tape unties soon.

Dread - x
Thank you for your welcome ! yes we have had quite a time , I hope we dont have to wait 1 more year for Immigration to make a decsion, this will be going on 3 years in November

Oh well I must be an interesting case LOL .