Hello :)

Old Aug 13th 2017, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

trower is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hello :)

Hello,, I am Peter, and I have just joined BritishExpats.com because I am hoping to move to Thailand next year, 2018, and would love to get to know some fellow Brits there for friendship and for mutual help and guidance, especially the process of emigrating. Although retired, I will be doing some academic work on a voluntary basis with some friends and colleagues at Chula University in Bangkok. I also have some good Thai friends, and somewhere to live in Min Buri in Bangkok. My most immediate task is to find out how to get the right visas etc. I will be in Bangkok for a month between mid October and mid November so would love to meet up with others during that time. From 2018 I hope to be extending my stay for several months at a time. thats it for now

Last edited by trower; Aug 13th 2017 at 3:32 pm. Reason: by Brits, I really meant expats!
Old Aug 13th 2017, 4:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello :)

Good morning and welcome to BE

We have a very active Asian forum and you should direct all your questions to the Thailand forum found here Thailand - British Expats

The many expats who reside there and have gone through the visa and move before you will be happy to assist you with finding answers to your many questions.

Please have a read of the site rules linked on the beige header above and join up the forum for discussing your move.

BTW not all our members are Brits and you may find other expats there and elsewhere on the site that are from other countries. Do hope that that will not be an problem. An expat is an expat and all are looking forward to making new friends.
Old Aug 13th 2017, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Hi Rete, Thank you very much, I will do as you suggest. I realised my mistake about Brits v expats and did put an edit footnote.
Peter
Old Aug 13th 2017, 5:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trower
Hi Rete, Thank you very much, I will do as you suggest. I realised my mistake about Brits v expats and did put an edit footnote.
Peter
NP, Pete. Many of our newbies think that only Brits frequent these forums. Some are married to Brits and are Americans or Asian, etc. I'm an American married to a Canadian. The search for answers on immigration to various countries drove us to this excellent source for assistance.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 1:05 am
Just Joined

I have always been an 'internationalist' rather than a Brit so this is excellent news. thanks again for your support and welcome.