Hello

Old Feb 17th 2017, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Bodminman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

Hi there,

Me and my wife have just turned 40 and are sick to death of life in England. You all know the problems so there's no need to go in to detail. I thought I'd join this community to gather info and ask questions and we start to plan our exodus.

However, I know there are a lot off issues at the moment surrounding the status of UK citizens abroad so we're not rushing in to this. We are looking to make the move in approx 30 months time when our eldest daughter will have completed her schooling. Hopefully by them the situation will be much clearer!

We are thinking of Spain or Portugal as the warmer climate will help the wife's arthritis.

She is a Headteacher and I'm an IT Manager in a private school and there seems to be opportunities around for us which is good.

Best wishes to you all.

Cameron
Old Feb 17th 2017, 12:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Good Morning and welcome to the world of the British Expat

You've expressed interest in one day moving to either Spain or Portugal. Well, BE has two excellent forums dedicated to both countries. They can be found here: Europe - British Expats

Before you venture into those forums for reading, and posting your questions, please have a read of the site rules linked above in the tool bar area.

You and your wife have lots of time to make your decision. Hoping you find what you are looking for.