Hello

Old May 20th 2016, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

maryloar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

My name is Mary Fisher Loar.I am originally from Bath, UK, and prior to that lived in Shaftesburyl I live in Keizer, Oregon which is right next to Salem and 45 miles south of Portland. I have been a widow for three years, having been married to my American husband for 43 years. There is a British ExPats group in Portland, Oregon but I am now 76 and unable to drive to Portland. I am wondering is there is a British Expat group in Salem, Oregon, or any British exPats.
Anyone on here from the Bath or Shaftesbury area.
Happy to join the group.
Mary Fisher Loar
Old May 20th 2016, 11:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Originally Posted by maryloar
My name is Mary Fisher Loar.I am originally from Bath, UK, and prior to that lived in Shaftesburyl I live in Keizer, Oregon which is right next to Salem and 45 miles south of Portland. I have been a widow for three years, having been married to my American husband for 43 years. There is a British ExPats group in Portland, Oregon but I am now 76 and unable to drive to Portland. I am wondering is there is a British Expat group in Salem, Oregon, or any British exPats.
Anyone on here from the Bath or Shaftesbury area.
Happy to join the group.
Mary Fisher Loar
Hi Mary and welcome to BE

I currently live in Brisbane so can't help with the US groups, but I feel compelled to and say I spent several years at school in Sturminster Newton, not a million miles from Shaftebury, lovely part of the world.
My UK family all live in the Bath area too, and by coincidence I'm in the UK right now, and spent this evening with friends in that very city Small world
Old May 20th 2016, 11:33 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Welcome to the forum Mary

Try posting in the USA section of the forum. If there is not a group in your neck of the woods, you may at least find a member or two who is living nearby and may want to meet up.

I'm sure you know where the USA section is but, just in case, you can follow this link below:
USA - British Expats

You will see on that link that there is also a chit-chat section called the Trailer Park. Do pop into there and have a chat with others.