hello :-)

Old May 22nd 2015, 6:49 am
Just Joined

movingsomeplace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hello :-)

Hi
New to the forum.
I've posted a thread about moving somewhere else on the site.
Any advice would be welcome.
Living in UK at the moment. Thinking about whether a move is feasible and /or desirable :-)
I'm a 40yo husband to a fantastic lady and father to a lovely young boy.
We have lots of cats.
Not great at making introductions!
Look forward to saying hi.
MS
Old May 22nd 2015, 7:02 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: hello :-)

Hi there from someone that emigrated to New Zealand at the age of 50. Welcome to the mad world of British Expats.

Folk may come along and tell you that you need to decide where you want to go first. However I can see that it is not always the case. Sometimes it is about the something new and the adventure.

A cousin of my husband moved themselves out to Spain a short while ago, Mind you, they were not thinking of working in Spain as he is in a fly in/fly out job so income was assured.

I suppose the first things to think about is source of income. Next might be language. Then there is schooling . Cost of Living. Also if looking beyond Europe you need to consider your eligibility for the targeted country.

So. What gives you the pull to move. Please note I wrote pull not push. We so often read about the UK going to the dogs and under a continual grey cloud or rain, which it is not.

If you feel the pull to try something else, somewhere else, what are you after ?

Last edited by BEVS; May 27th 2015 at 3:42 am.
Old May 22nd 2015, 7:29 am
Just Joined

movingsomeplace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hello :-)

Hi there Bevs

Thanks for replying.
The thread I posted in the other section goes into a bit of detail
http://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/considering-moving-uk-eu-advice-858648/#post11653145
The pull is a change of life or pace perhaps. Finding a good place to grow. Sometimes there is the feeling of doom and gloom about England or at least our part of it. We're not settled on anything and perhaps would move within the UK.
It is all up in the air at present but I wanted to gather info that was correct so we could at least know our choices.
Are you in NZ still?
How does life compare?
MS