Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi from Sunny Sheffield - Thinking of retiring to Spain

Hi from Sunny Sheffield - Thinking of retiring to Spain

Old Feb 4th 2011, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hi from Sunny Sheffield - Thinking of retiring to Spain

I lied, Sheffield is having gales and lashing rain! Hence the dream to retire to Spain. Have joined this site to get as much information as possible before we commit to the move. Lots of good resources here by the look of things. Retirement is still 5 years away but I like to be prepared!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 4:24 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from Sunny Sheffield

Originally Posted by Kenwoodlad
I lied, Sheffield is having gales and lashing rain! Hence the dream to retire to Spain. Have joined this site to get as much information as possible before we commit to the move. Lots of good resources here by the look of things. Retirement is still 5 years away but I like to be prepared!
Hi and welcome to the Forum!
If you post again on the Spain forum, you'll find lots of friendly folk waiting to answer your queries!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the welcome. I'm way ahead of you, have already had a barrowload of replies to my first question! Great place for information.

I see your location is Hérault. Did I pass through there on the way to see the fantastic bridge at Milau? Or was that a different Hérault?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 4:59 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ken,

Welcome to BE, I see you've found your way to the Spain forum ok. I'm sure you will enjoy using that section, they are a terrific bunch who post in there. If you ever have any site questions please don't hesitate to give me shout.

Oh and I feel your pain on the rain, it's pouring with rain, and blooming freezing here in North Carolina today.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sue.

Thanks for the welcome, this is a right nice wee site. Sorry to hear that you're having the same weather that side of the Atlantic as we are. Never mind, I saw a bunch of snowdrops today (while avoiding a flying wheelie bin) so spring can't be far off - surely?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE fellow Sheffielder. I can see from your username what area of Sheffield you are from.

Wet and windy...that's the Sheffield I know and love.

You'll love our Spain forum if you are looking to retire there. The regulars are a friendly bunch...taking into account the tongue in cheek British sarcastic sense of humour. There's also information in the BE Wiki.

BE is a large expat website...so it's understandable that you may have problems finding your way around our many forums. We have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page...their names are in standard font.

Problems and complaints should be addressed to a moderator. The mods for the Spain forums are Fred James and Mitzyboy.

Please shout out if you need any further help.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

I am overwhelmed by these effusive welcomes. And to find a true Sheffield Lass on the same site is an unlooked-for bonus.

We have hundreds of questions but I know how annoying it can be to ask for information that has already been given dozens of times over so I'll be doing some judicious searching of the Spain forum before pestering everyone.

Thanks again, the welcomes are much appreciated.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I am overwhelmed by these effusive welcomes. And to find a true Sheffield Lass on the same site is an unlooked-for bonus.

We have hundreds of questions but I know how annoying it can be to ask for information that has already been given dozens of times over so I'll be doing some judicious searching of the Spain forum before pestering everyone.

Thanks again, the welcomes are much appreciated.
Sorry...I was a little late to the party. Housework got in the way.

There is a search engine...look towards the top right hand side of the Spain Forum's index page. Go to 'Advanced Search' and go from there. Give me a shout if you need help locating anything.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 8:18 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the welcome. I'm way ahead of you, have already had a barrowload of replies to my first question! Great place for information.

I see your location is Hérault. Did I pass through there on the way to see the fantastic bridge at Milau? Or was that a different Hérault?
Yes, I live to the north of the Hérault, about an hour from the Viaduct!
Old Feb 5th 2011, 12:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from Sunny Sheffield - Thinking of retiring to Spain

Just want to welcome you to BE Kenwoodlad. Hope you find your dream location in Spain. Best to avoid Plains though, I believe that is where the rain in Spain falls mostly

Have to say though, it's stinking hot in Auckland again today. But then the sun does tend to shine brightly on us Lancashire folk
Old Feb 5th 2011, 1:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Default Re: Hi from Sunny Sheffield - Thinking of retiring to Spain

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Just want to welcome you to BE Kenwoodlad. Hope you find your dream location in Spain. Best to avoid Plains though, I believe that is where the rain in Spain falls mostly

Have to say though, it's stinking hot in Auckland again today. But then the sun does tend to shine brightly on us Lancashire folk
Move over...everyone knows Yorkies are the salt of the earth.