Indianapolis

Old Dec 18th 2017, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Nostegram is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Indianapolis

Hi I'm a UK citizen. I am trying to spend a good few months next year in Indianapolis having fallen for a beautiful woman who lives there. I have an ESTA so can go over for 90 days at a time but don't know how often I can go back and forth each year. I'm hoping to continue working for a UK company with some flexibility but would like to be able to gradually work for a company that needs me half the time in Indianapolis and the other half in UK or wherever. Can anyone advise me on how to do any of this...it all seems so complicated...I understand we could marry for me to live/work over there but that's a little while off I think! Thanks in advance
Old Dec 18th 2017, 10:09 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indianapolis

Hi there and a warm welcome to BE.

Our USA immigration and visas forum is the one you need, so if you repost your questions here US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas - British Expats I'm sure some of friendly members will respond.

As a new member, could you please have a read of the BE site rules when you get a chance, nothing too onerous or unusual there but there are a few dos and don'ts to keep the forums running smoothly. If you run into any site related problems please contact one of our moderators for a chat - moderator details are in the lower right hand corner of each forum index page.

Wishing you the best of luck in finding a way to achieve what you're looking to do.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 10:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

As SoS has said, the US forums are the right place to ask your question and you'll get loads of great advice there. But I just thought this thread might be useful as it's a very recent one from somebody with similar circumstances (i.e. looking to spend more than 90 days in the US and work remotely). http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...t-visa-906878/

HTH and welcome to the forum.

Old Dec 19th 2017, 9:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and good luck!

While on the VWP, you can't work while physically in the US. As for how long you can come and go on the VWP, you might be bounced on the first trip, or you might get a way with several. There's no way to tell, but more trips are a bad idea than not and a entry denial will kill your chances of entering again without any hassle.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 10:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nostegram
Hi I'm a UK citizen. I am trying to spend a good few months next year in Indianapolis having fallen for a beautiful woman who lives there. I have an ESTA so can go over for 90 days at a time but don't know how often I can go back and forth each year. I'm hoping to continue working for a UK company with some flexibility but would like to be able to gradually work for a company that needs me half the time in Indianapolis and the other half in UK or wherever. Can anyone advise me on how to do any of this...it all seems so complicated...I understand we could marry for me to live/work over there but that's a little while off I think! Thanks in advance
This is the Welcome Inn and my fellow BE'ers have welcomed you and directed you to the proper forum to post your inquiries about traveling, working and staying long periods in the US with a new love.

Your questions will NOT be answered on this forum as it just to welcoming you. Please repost in the USA general forum. You have much to learn and discuss with our US/UK members there.