heading home

Old Feb 7th 2017, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

nooks 57 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello, after 30 years in Canada i will be heading home to the uk. I am a healthcare worker , married with 2 grown up kids.

We will have an 86 year old relative coming with us so any advice re pensions, housing for seniors and healthcare would be much appreciated.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 7th 2017 at 3:58 pm. Reason: Posts merged - there's n edit button you can use if you think of something you want to add just after posting. :-)
Old Feb 7th 2017, 3:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: heading home

Originally Posted by nooks 57
We will have an 86 year old relative coming with us so any advice re pensions, housing for seniors and healthcare would be much appreciated.
Welcome to BE.

As this is basically a Meet and Greet forum...please post your questions in our Moving Back To UK Forum.

Moving back to the UK - British Expats

Also take a look in the BE Wiki.

Main Page : British Expat Wiki

Please let me know if you encounter any site related problems. Good luck.
Old Feb 7th 2017, 5:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

WOW! Thirty years in Canada. I had wanted to emigrate to Canada, Ottawa in particular, as hubby is Canadian but he choose instead to come to the US to a warmer climate.

JG has given you the forum link where your many questions can be asked and answered by those who have done just what you are considering.

Good luck with the move and welcome to BE.
Old Feb 7th 2017, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nooks 57
hello, after 30 years in Canada i will be heading home to the uk. I am a healthcare worker , married with 2 grown up kids.

The OP should consider taking up Canadian citizenship before returning to the UK if not already done so.
Old Feb 7th 2017, 10:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps you will be so kind to make this suggestion to the OP when she posts in the returning to the UK forum.

The Welcome Inn is primarily to welcome newbies to the world of British Expats after they have introduced themselves. We direct them to the forum best suited for their needs and questions.

Thank you so much for taking an interest in several of our newbies. It is friendly helpful people, like yourself, who make BE so great.