Reload this Page >

Greetings from Northeast USA

Greetings from Northeast USA

Old Aug 8th 2013, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

pain_au_chocolat is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Greetings from Northeast USA

Hi everyone,

I am a UK citizen married to a USC. We have lived in England and the States an equal length of time, but the pull of home has won! We plan to return in 2015/6, depending on when we can settle our affairs here. Lots of saving up, and plans to be made.

I've posted to the Brit Forum about job hunting advice, that is where I am most concerned and curious, given that I'll have to return alone and find the job. If you have any advice, I'd love to hear it as I have been gone 8 years. Too early to get excited, but I am.

I hope everyone who is on their way to somewhere else, is having a smooth a ride as possible. I had hoped the immigration journeys were over, but apparently, I need to put myself through it once more!

P
Old Aug 8th 2013, 8:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings from Northeast USA

Welcome to BE and good luck with the planned move!
Old Aug 9th 2013, 1:07 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum . I see you've discovered the Moving Back to the UK section. You'll get some good info in there. Happy planning
Old Aug 9th 2013, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Thank you both for the welcome, there is such a wealth of experience here, lots more lurking and reading to do!
P
Old Aug 11th 2013, 7:06 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 13th 2013, 12:13 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the lovely, and helpful welcome Rosemary. I wanted to also apologize upfront to all mods for any relocating of any of my posts. Its been quite some time since I was a dab hand on the forums, and I have already posted hastily!

This forum has exceeded itself since I was last hanging around!

All the best,

P.