Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Gibraltar or Malta or Canada???

Gibraltar or Malta or Canada???

Old Jul 7th 2011, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Little Pea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gibraltar or Malta or Canada???

Hi im new to all this but myself and my partner are confused, we initially wanted to move to Canada we looked in Vancouver and started the very long process but it seems so expensive to even try to get out there with government fees you have to pay to submit an application!! we have also thought about Malta or Gibraltar I know very different places.

My partner is a qualified architect and im a secretary and also a qualified beauty therapist.

Any bad points or good points about any of the places would be most helpful please thank you xx
Old Jul 7th 2011, 12:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar or Malta or Canada???

Originally Posted by Little Pea
Hi im new to all this but myself and my partner are confused, we initially wanted to move to Canada we looked in Vancouver and started the very long process but it seems so expensive to even try to get out there with government fees you have to pay to submit an application!! we have also thought about Malta or Gibraltar I know very different places.

My partner is a qualified architect and im a secretary and also a qualified beauty therapist.

Any bad points or good points about any of the places would be most helpful please thank you xx
Hello Little Pea...welcome to BE.

I haven't been to Vancouver but by all accounts it has stunning scenery and one of the best standards of living in the world. It's been a while since I visited Malta and Gibraltar...for me Malta would win hands up but I think I would get cabin fever living on either island...especially Gib.

I'll post a few relevant links to help you find your feet on the forums. If you click on this link it will direct you to the index page of the main Canada forum. At the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums...the top one being the Immigration Forum. Any questions relating specifically to the immigration process should be posted there. The main forum is for topics relating to Canada and the Maple Leaf is for general chatter. We have a lively group of posters...so you should get many helpful answers to your questions.

Here is the link to the Malta Forum..unfortunately we do not have a dedicated forum for Gibraltar...I recommend you look in the Spain Forum or the General Europe forum.

The BE Wiki is a great source of information.Please take a few moments to read any sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

We have a team of concierges who will help you find your way around the site. Problems and complaints should be addressed to a moderator. You can find a list of their names and their respective forums here. Moderators' names are in bold font and concierges' names are in standard font.

Good look with your search. If you require any help please shout out...there's usually someone around to help out.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 7th 2011 at 3:33 pm. Reason: insert link to the new Malta Forum
Old Jul 7th 2011, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

maltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to behold

Hi Sweetpea, if you want any info on Malta please post your concerns/requirements on the Malta forum, you will find a sub heading in the Europe section, i will help where i can.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Little Pea is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All thank you for your replies, thanks for the advice maltaman i've now posted on the malta forum

Thank you for all your help
Old Jul 9th 2011, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

NickiB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I haven't been to Vancouver but by all accounts it has stunning scenery and one of the best standards of living in the world. It's been a while since I visited Malta and Gibraltar...for me Malta would win hands up but I think I would get cabin fever living on either island...especially Gib.

Gibraltar isn't an island. It is a peninsula, it has a northern border with Andalusia, Spain. Agree with you on the cabin fever though.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

Speedymac is an unknown quantity at this point

Cabin fever........???? Gibraltar....??? Hmmm try living here in Tenerife...!!!! We've been here now since Nov last year and cannot wait to get out of here...!!! Heading over to Gibraltar ourselves to escape any kind of cabin fever...!!! you have the whole of Europe at your finger tips....!!!! You can even be back in the UK with just a 2 day drive.... (did Swansea to cadiz in 2 an a half days...!!)
Old Jul 13th 2011, 5:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickiB
Gibraltar isn't an island. It is a peninsula, it has a northern border with Andalusia, Spain. Agree with you on the cabin fever though.
Yes of course it is...my mistake. Only been to Gib once and once was enough.