Reload this Page >

A Fresh Start - Advice Sought

A Fresh Start - Advice Sought

Old Mar 26th 2017, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Leelennon1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Fresh Start - Advice Sought

Good evening All,

I've never used a discussion forum before so please go gentle. My Wife and I are both 37, we have a 7yo Son & a 5yo Daughter. We are both keen to experience life living in another country (currently living in South of England)and want to do it sooner rather than later to make things easier for our children. America is our preferred choice but we don't appear to meet any of the criteria for residency. I work for the Police, my Wife is a Teacher. We don't have any immediate family already living in America and we don't have £1,000,000 to invest in a business.

Does anyone have any tips or alternative suggestions for us? Any (reasonable/sensible) advice would be much appreciated. I'm hoping there is someone out there who has already been through the experience and can point us in the right direction.

Regards,

Lee

Last edited by Leelennon1979; Mar 26th 2017 at 7:13 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 7:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Fresh Start - Advice Sought

Originally Posted by Leelennon1979
Good evening All,

I've never used a discussion forum before so please go gentle. My Wife and I are both 37, we have a 7yo Son & a 5yo Daughter. We are both keen to experience life living in another country (currently living in South of England)and want to do it sooner rather than later to make things easier for our children. America is our preferred choice but we don't appear to meet any of the criteria for residency. I work for the Police, my Wife is a Teacher. We don't have any immediate family already living in America and we don't have £1,000,000 to invest in a business.

Does anyone have any tips or alternative suggestions for us? Any (reasonable/sensible) advice would be much appreciated. I'm hoping there is someone out there who has already been through the experience and can point us in the right direction.

Regards,

Lee
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Yep, sounds like the US is out from what you've said (but it might be worth posting in the US visa forums just to see if anybody there can suggest some way in).

Canada also not going to be likely based on your occupations, but perhaps Oz or NZ might be? I'm afraid I have no idea but if either of those places grab you then do pop over to the immi forums and start a thread for the lovely folks in the know to help you.

And if course, at the moment you've got all of the EU open to you, before Brexit. That would be your easiest/cheapest/quickest option by a mile, so maybe check out our European forums too.

Best of luck!

Old Mar 26th 2017, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Leelennon1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Fresh Start - Advice Sought

Thank you