Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

French girl scared to go back to France!

French girl scared to go back to France!

Old May 6th 2013, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

MAGELANE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default French girl scared to go back to France!

Hello,
I'm indeed French, but after 13 years of expat from Korea to Egypt, from India to Uganda, I feel more "international" than French and therefore I am scared to go back to France and settle back in ... my country?
Both our kids have been born abroad and have never lived in France either...
We are bound to TOURS in a couple of months and, as I saw that some members are based in Tours as well, I'd love to get in touch and check with them how we can keep in touch with the "international crowd" 200km away from Paris!
Any suggestion, news, info, tips are welcome as we are in the process of selecting a school and then looking for an appartment...
Old May 6th 2013, 8:39 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French girl scared to go back to France!

Welcome to BE,

sorry for your dilemma, can you not just see it as yet another adventure ?

best people to talk to are the ones on the French section

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=76

sure lots of help and advice can be had there

good luck
Old May 7th 2013, 5:46 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MAGELANE
Hello,
I'm indeed French, but after 13 years of expat from Korea to Egypt, from India to Uganda, I feel more "international" than French and therefore I am scared to go back to France and settle back in ... my country?
Both our kids have been born abroad and have never lived in France either...
We are bound to TOURS in a couple of months and, as I saw that some members are based in Tours as well, I'd love to get in touch and check with them how we can keep in touch with the "international crowd" 200km away from Paris!
Any suggestion, news, info, tips are welcome as we are in the process of selecting a school and then looking for an appartment...
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
As suggested, come onto the France Forum and ask away! How old are your children? Schooling depends on their age, Maternelle and Primaire depend on your domicile. Collège and Lycée aren't necessarily in the Commune where you are domiciled. But this is an Introduction Section - come on the France forum and you'll find out more!
Old May 7th 2013, 7:09 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your advices...
Just did that...
thanks for welcoming a French girl in your British group!
Old May 7th 2013, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MAGELANE
Thanks for your advices...
Just did that...
thanks for welcoming a French girl in your British group!

You're Welcome. We have lots of people on here of different nationalities.

I'm from Mars, just the for the record.
Old May 7th 2013, 9:30 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Bonjour Magelane and welcome to the forum
Old May 12th 2013, 5:51 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 12th 2013, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: French girl scared to go back to France!

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Hello,
thanks BE! I got so much answers and advices... -Well beyond my own expectation-... That I am now a French girl excited to go back to France and meet her new BE friends!