Forum newbie

Old Aug 18th 2017, 10:59 am
Just Joined

migxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Forum newbie

Hi All,

I though I'd take the plunge and introduce myself - it's a bit like an initiation ceremony really isn't it?

I'm a complete novice in forum-world and I've kinda done things in the wrong order when signing up to this forum; apols.

I looked for advice, found lots, made my first post earlier this week, got really useful (and quick replies) from folk and also spotted some info on the Wiki which had drifted out of date - Siouxie is now on the case.

We were granted our CoPRs earlier this year which was a relief and have planned our landing trip for this October with the intention to settle from mid-2018 after our eldest has finished his last year of primary school.

Lastly, I wanted to offer a shout out to all those that offer great advice.

Cheers
Old Aug 18th 2017, 11:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forum newbie

Hi there and welcome to BE.

I see you have already found your way around our Canada forums. I'm sure the people who hang out in our Canada forums will help you with any questions you may have about all things Canada.

Where in Canada are you heading to? I'm in Toronto...hot, humid summers...cold, snowy winters. No matter where you are hoping to move to...there will probably be BE members living in the area who will be able to help you with advice.

Good luck.
Old Aug 19th 2017, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

migxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond reputemigxpat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jerseygirl,

Thanks for the early reply and welcome! :-)

The intent is to land in Toronto (this October) as I have a technology strategy background and work in mobile telecoms so I felt Ontario (and Toronto in particular) offered the best opportunities for work given the concentration of telcos.

Ultimately though we're not necessarily wedded to Ontario but seemed the best place to start. We've booked accommodation in Oakville for our week's stay in October and hope to do some searching for housing and schools when we're there.

Any pointers for either from you or others in the GTA would obviously be welcome.

Best wishes and thanks
Migxpat
Old Aug 20th 2017, 12:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Oakville is very nice.

This forum is a meet and greet forum...it's best to ask questions about life in the GTA in our Canada forums. We have lots of members in the area...including myself...and we have several meet-ups per year.