Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

First timer - of sorts

First timer - of sorts

Old Feb 10th 2011, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Rodwoody is just really niceRodwoody is just really niceRodwoody is just really niceRodwoody is just really niceRodwoody is just really niceRodwoody is just really niceRodwoody is just really niceRodwoody is just really nice
Default First timer - of sorts

Hello friends,
I've been on the road for a number of years but always as an ex-pat posted out of the UK with a return there at the end of each assignment. This has taken me around Africa and into India and in the main I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Now, for the first time, I'm actively considering taking a position based overseas - possibly in Malaysia (KL) or China (Shenzhen), and travelling on assignment from either of these locations.

I am used to a life on the road but not to a domestic base in the Far East, and so look forward to sharing experiences and stories along the way.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 8:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First timer - of sorts

Originally Posted by Rodwoody
Hello friends,
I've been on the road for a number of years but always as an ex-pat posted out of the UK with a return there at the end of each assignment. This has taken me around Africa and into India and in the main I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Now, for the first time, I'm actively considering taking a position based overseas - possibly in Malaysia (KL) or China (Shenzhen), and travelling on assignment from either of these locations.

I am used to a life on the road but not to a domestic base in the Far East, and so look forward to sharing experiences and stories along the way.

Hello and welcome to BE.

We've had quite a few new members to our Far East Forums in the last couple of days. Why don't you take a look around the FE forums and say hello?

To help guide you around the forums we have a team of concierges...the concierge for the East Forums is bakedbean...she will be pleased to help you find your way around the site.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a moderator. We do not have a dedicated mod for the FE forums...therefore if you need assistance please contact a mod from this list....the moderators' names are printed in bold print.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Rodwoody is just really niceRodwoody is just really niceRodwoody is just really niceRodwoody is just really niceRodwoody is just really niceRodwoody is just really niceRodwoody is just really niceRodwoody is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hello and welcome to BE.

We've had quite a few new members to our Far East Forums in the last couple of days. Why don't you take a look around the FE forums and say hello?

To help guide you around the forums we have a team of concierges...the concierge for the East Forums is bakedbean...she will be pleased to help you find your way around the site.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a moderator. We do not have a dedicated mod for the FE forums...therefore if you need assistance please contact a mod from this list....the moderators' names are printed in bold print.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.
So kind of you to respond Jerseygirl! I look forward to joining in....
Old Feb 11th 2011, 7:13 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rodwoody! I'll see you over in the Far East section
Old Feb 11th 2011, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi Rodwoody! I'll see you over in the Far East section
Very pleased to "meet" you bakedbean. Penang is high on my list of places to see having only been to KL and Sabah thus far. You are very kind to provide such a warm welcome.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 2:26 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE ....happy travelling & happy posting
Old Feb 11th 2011, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MnB
Welcome to BE ....happy travelling & happy posting
Hello MnB!!!
Warm welcome is appreciated muchly.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 7:44 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rodwoody
Very pleased to "meet" you bakedbean. Penang is high on my list of places to see having only been to KL and Sabah thus far. You are very kind to provide such a warm welcome.
Penang, KL and Sabah all very different places. Anyway... we can discuss over in the Malaysia sub-forum if you like?