Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

The first step....

The first step....

Old Jan 14th 2017, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

JosiesJourney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The first step....

Hi my name is Josie. I live in Manchester with husband and 3 children and have a wonderful life here with great friends and amazing family - although I lost my mum a few years ago I am really close to my sisters and brother. We will be moving to New Jersey in May after a LOT of deliberation as my husband has a job offer we cannot refuse! It will mean me giving up a career of 15 years and uprooting everything but we have to take the plunge! Very excited of what is to come but scared witless too! Can't wait to get to know a few nice people
Old Jan 14th 2017, 11:25 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The first step....

Originally Posted by JosiesJourney
Hi my name is Josie. I live in Manchester with husband and 3 children and have a wonderful life here with great friends and amazing family - although I lost my mum a few years ago I am really close to my sisters and brother. We will be moving to New Jersey in May after a LOT of deliberation as my husband has a job offer we cannot refuse! It will mean me giving up a career of 15 years and uprooting everything but we have to take the plunge! Very excited of what is to come but scared witless too! Can't wait to get to know a few nice people
Hi Josie and a warm welcome to BE.

Wow, that's a big move for you all and very exciting! My husband and I arrived in the UK (Wirral) a year ago, he's originally from Liverpool and I'm Australian. He'd lived in Australia for 25 years and in some ways it's been like moving to a new country for him.

If you need a hand to navigate around the forum just sing out. At some stage, if you could also have a look at the BE site rules it'd be appreciated, just a few common sense rules that make life pleasanter for all members.

Best of luck with your move!
Old Jan 14th 2017, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

JosiesJourney is an unknown quantity at this point

I've looked at the rules - all make sense to keep conversations in the right place :-)
Wow you're in Liverpool! that's just around the corner - we are going to a museum tomorrow in Liverpool. Wirral is lovely, my father in law lives there!
Old Jan 14th 2017, 8:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I've looked at the rules - all make sense to keep conversations in the right place :-)
Wow you're in Liverpool! that's just around the corner - we are going to a museum tomorrow in Liverpool. Wirral is lovely, my father in law lives there!
Welcome to BE.

My husband is from Runcorn...we used to live in Chester until we moved to Mendham, NJ 21 years ago.
Old Jan 14th 2017, 10:25 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Great museums in Liverpool, I'm amazed at the size and quality of them.

Yes, I'm loving living in New Brighton but my husband keeps looking over the Mersey, he wants to live in Liverpool eventually. Hey - if you're a Man U fan I hope you have a good match tomorrow - but I hope Liverpool have an even better one

Have a great day tomorrow!